- Genuine reclaimed wood desktops are beautifully unique, eco-friendly, and made from salvaged Douglas Fir or Teak lumber
- Height adjustable from 24.4" to 50.0” (without desktop thickness). Our reclaimed Douglas Fir desktop is 1.5" thick. Our reclaimed Teak desktop is 1.25" thick. Our 3-stage columns offer 25.6" (650mm) of vertical travel
- Three-stage frame is 33% faster to adjust than a two-stage frame
- Dual motors make the frame quieter, safer, stronger, and more reliable
- Width-adjustable telescoping frame allows users to fit different size desktops
- Low-draw transformer needs minimal electricity to raise or lower the desk
- Hall effect sensor in the frame detects resistance and reverses frame direction for safety
- Removable under-desk crossbars make way for more legroom and space for UPLIFT desk accessories
- Local and globally sourced parts are assembled and shipped from Austin, Texas
- Meets or exceeds all applicable section requirements in accordance with ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2008 Desk Product Test Standards
Waste Not, Want Not
On the surface, reclaimed wood appears rustic and weathered, offering a distinctive look in any home or office. Look closer and you'll see that years of expanding and contracting has also made these tops rugged and tough. Since the wood is sourced from around the globe, the color and style vary from desktop to desktop, meaning that each one is as unique as the person sitting behind it.
Choose an authentic reclaimed wood that fits your style perfectly - either finished Douglas Fir or Teak.
Each desktop is made from unique reclaimed wood, so each top's styling may vary slightly from what you see in our pictures. Teak tops may come with patches to mask wood imperfections. Douglas Fir tops have a plywood backing for added strength.
Benefits of a Three-Stage Desk Frame
Many stand up desks have a two-stage frame, which means they're limited in how high or low they can go. This can prevent you from working in your ideal Neutral Reach Zone, which is important for comfort. You could end up spending thousands of dollars and still not have an ergonomic setup. Our three-stage frame lifts higher and descends lower, and because it uses three spindles instead of two, it's 33% faster. A dual-motor design also means that our desks are quieter, stronger, more reliable, and safer than other stand up desks. And it's all backed by our industry-leading 7-year warranty.
All of this means you'll have the best reclaimed wood desk available - one that will have you working better, living healthier, and enjoying total peace of mind.
The Digital Desk
The UPLIFT Desk Advanced Keypad not only displays the current height of your desk in inches, but stores up to four user-defined heights in memory. It's perfect for setting your standing, sitting, perching, and workout heights, or for shared workstations in a busy office.
|Height range||24.4" - 50.0” H (without desktop thickness)|
|Desktop thickness||Douglas Fir: 1.5" thick
Teak: 1.25" thick
|Travel speed||1.5" per second (varies - slowest with maximum load) with soft start/stop actuator motors|
|Noise level||50 decibels during motion|
|Base width||Adjustable from 42.25" - 70" W|
|Weight capacity||355 lb|
|Keypad||Advanced one-touch digital memory keypad is available, push and hold up/down keypad is standard|
|Adjustable foot leveling studs||3/8" adjustment for uneven flooring|
|Voltage||Input: 110 V, Output: 31 V|
|Transformer power||200 W (0.2 W on standby)|
|Power supply current||5 amps|
|BIFMA/ANSI X5.5-2008 certification||Compliant with sections 4.3, 4.5, 5.2, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and 15.0|
|Safety certifications||Lifting Column - TUV (Canada and U.S.)
Control Box - TUV (Canada and U.S.)
Power Cord - UL/CSA (Canada and U.S.)
|Warranty||7 year all-inclusive warranty on entire desk base: motor frame, controller, keypad, electronics and mechanisms included. Extension to 12 years available.|
|Shipping dimensions||Frame - 11'' W x 10'' H x 41'' D, 61 lbs
Teak Desktop 48x30 - 35'' W x 6'' H x 50'' D, 55 lbs
Teak Desktop 60x30 - 34'' W x 4'' H x 64'' D, 62 lbs
Douglas Fir Desktop 48x30 - 34'' W x 3'' H x 52'' D, 48 lbs
Douglas Fir Desktop 60x30 - 33'' W x 3'' H x 64'' D, 60 lbs
Douglas Fir Desktop 72x30 - 34'' W x 3'' H x 75'' D, 77 lbs
If the air in your area is especially dry, your wood desktop could be at increased risk of cracking and splitting. Wood naturally expands and contracts depending on the amount of moisture in the environment, and without enough humidity, the moisture in your desk can evaporate, leaving it vulnerable to warping.
It's a completely natural process, but it's unfortunately something that could affect your new wood desktop. If your desktop does crack or split, we're happy to send you a repair kit to fill the affected areas. If potentially repairing your wood desktop isn't something you're comfortable with, we recommend that you take a look at our Bamboo, Eco, or Laminate desktops instead.
If your desktop has already warped, please click here for instructions on using our solid wood desktop repair kit.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.
Click below to learn more about the available options and accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is reclaimed wood?
Instead of cutting down new trees to make your desktop, we breathe new life into old wood. Our desktops use boards that were previously being used as flooring or the side of a barn. You'll get a wood desktop that is more economical and will ship out quicker than a custom solid wood desktop.
- Where do you source the reclaimed wood?
Our Douglas Fir comes from old mills, construction projects, barns, or whiskey stills. The Teak originated in Indonesia and also comes from a variety of dismantled buildings. If only your desktop could talk, just imagine the stories it would tell.
- Is the desktop surface smooth?
The Teak desktop has a smooth surface and is finished with a water/wax sealant. There is more texture on the Douglas Fir desktop, with natural divots and grooves.
- What is that wood piece underneath my Douglas Fir desktop?
That is the plywood backing that helps add strength to your desktop so it won't warp, bend, or break!
- Can I order a reclaimed wood desktop in a custom size?
To help keep our costs low, our reclaimed wood desktops are only offered in standard sizes.
- Why can't I order grommets on the reclaimed wood desktop?
In order to protect the integrity of the desktop and provide you with a durable surface, we cannot drill grommet holes into the reclaimed wood top.
- Why is reclaimed wood so much cheaper than solid wood?
We offer reclaimed wood desktops in standard sizes and house them in our warehouse, allowing us to pass along the savings to you. In comparison, our solid wood desktops are handcrafted when you place an order, and therefore are priced a little higher.
- How durable is reclaimed wood?
A lot of things get better with age, and our reclaimed wood desktops are no exception. The salvaged wood has had years to expand and harden, providing you with an extremely durable desk. Reclaimed wood is even heartier and more scratch resistant than a younger solid wood desktop.
- What is the difference between reclaimed teak and Douglas Fir?
Both teak and Douglas Fir offer a durable wood surface. The main differences between these two species are purely aesthetic. Reclaimed teak has a smooth surface, with a hint more red. Reclaimed Douglas Fir falls into the rustic category, with more character and texture in each desktop. The Douglas Fir desktop will not be as smooth as the teak top.
- What kind of warranty support can I expect from your company?
Your UPLIFT Desk comes standard with a 7-year warranty. Since we are based in Austin, TX, we are unable to send a technician out to service your desk. Instead, we will provide you with the replacement parts that you need and our customer service team will work with you over the phone to walk you through the replacement steps. If your desk malfunctions outside of the warranty period, we offer replacement parts for sale and will still provide you with top notch service.
- What kind of other activities might this desk be suitable for?
A fully height adjustable desk can be used for a wide variety of applications, from crafting and artwork to gaming. Just be sure that your activity of choice will not require more than 355 lbs to sit atop the desk!
- Besides aesthetics, why would I want to choose reclaimed wood over a brand-new solid wood desktop?
Since our reclaimed wood desktops are sourced from salvaged lumber, choosing a reclaimed desk is an environmentally friendly option. Instead of feeling guilty from chopping down another tree, you can be assured your desktop will be made from repurposed lumber. Reclaimed wood has also had years to harden so it is stronger than newly harvested wood.
- How should I care for my reclaimed wood desktop?
Dust off your desktop with a microfiber cloth. For minor spills, simply wipe up with a damp, sudsy towel. Other than that, your reclaimed wood desktop should be quite low maintenance.
- How thick is the desktop?
The Douglas Fir desktop rings in at 1.5" thick, making it quite a substantial top. The teak desktop is only slightly behind its brethren at 1.25" thick.
- How stable is the UPLIFT desk?
There are many different factors that go into making your UPLIFT Desk extremely stable. The C-shaped legs with a cast-molded aluminum foot provide a steady base. Even though you can't see a crossbar right of the bat, it's still there! We moved the crossbar underneath the desk to provide additional support without getting in your way while you work. Top all of that off with a thick, reclaimed desktop and you have one sturdy desk on your hands.
- Which control box is on my desk?
Take a look at the silver sticker on the control box. If it says v4.1, v4.2, or v4.3, you have the newest version of UPLIFT Desk's control box, which comes with new features!
- What features are on the version 4 control box?
Our new version 4 control boxes come with a new safety feature: Collision Sensitivity. When turned on, this feature lets users set the sensitivity for their desks to one of three settings, so when adjusting, the desk stops when it touches an object, instead of continuing to raise and lower. This stops accidents from happening when adjusting at your desk. Keypad Lockout is another exciting new feature that is great for areas where kids might be. Easily keep unwanted hands from adjusting the desk when this feature is activated. And you'll now be able to toggle quickly between One-Touch and Constant-Touch modes with just a few buttons, in addition to being able to switch between inches and centimeters on the keypad.
- What's the deal with UPLIFT Desk's three-stage frames?
UPLIFT Desks boast superior three-stage frames vs the traditional two-stage frames you can find on sit-stand desks on the market today. Our desks are 33% faster thanks to using 3 spindles instead of 2. This means you have a higher adjustability range to raise and lower the desk, so it fits shorter users and kids, all the way up to tall users or those who plan on adding a treadmill to their workstations down the line.
- What are "dual motors"?
Our desks feature a dual motor design, so each leg gets its own motor. This means UPLIFT Desks are quieter to adjust, stronger and more reliable, and safer than desks with a single motor.
- What if I live outside of the United States? Will this desk work with my outlets and voltage?
Every desk we make is designed to run on the US electricity standard of 120 volts, so if you're ordering one from outside the United States (excluding Canada), you'll most likely need to plug it into a step down transformer, otherwise you run the risk of overloading your desk's control box, which is not covered by our desk warranty. Still have questions? Just reach out to our support team.
- Any suggestions before I tackle putting together my desk?
Yes, plan out your accessories! Before you start screwing in your CPU holder or circular drawer, take a minute to think about how you use your desk in order to optimize your accessory layout.
- Can I order a sample of the reclaimed wood top?
We don't have samples of the reclaimed wood desktops, other than in our Austin, TX showroom. If you need to see a sample before purchasing your desk, check out our solid wood samples for our custom Solid Wood Desktops.
- Do you offer a reclaimed wood corner desk?
At the moment, we do not offer a corner reclaimed wood desk. However, if you have your heart set on having a corner desk give one of our Sales Pros a call and they can help you configure your reclaimed wood corner desk in a similar manner to our bamboo corner desks.
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.