The Desk Reset Solves Most Problems!
Half of control boxes that are returned only need a reset! Save some hassle and do this reset procedure correctly. Don't take resetting lightly, it usually fixes the desk and only takes a few minutes. It usually avoids a replacement control box being shipped to you unnecessarily.
Table of Contents
- Quick Reset Instructions
- Thorough Reset Instructions
- Download Troubleshooting Checklists
- Error Code Definitions
Is your desk not responding to the UP or Down button? Or are you seeing a R5T, RST, ASR, ER1, ER2, ER7, or ER8 error code on your Advanced Keypad? Or are your desk legs at slightly different heights? Follow the directions below to learn how to perform a simple reset, which will generally fix the issue.
Three Things to Check Before a Reset
- Is your desk plugged into a working power outlet?
- If you have an Advanced Keypad, is your error code H01? Or if you have a Basic Keypad, have you run the desk up and down excessively within the last 20 minutes? The desk motor has a 10% duty cycle, which protects it from overheating. For example, in a 20 minute period, if you activate your desk motor for two minutes, it needs to rest for the remaining 18 minutes. Simply let your desk rest for 18 minutes, and then try again.
- Does your desk move slightly and then reverse direction? This motion is actually a feature of the anti-collision safety system, which is important for height adjustable desks. Look for anything that might be obstructing the desk's movement up or down. For example, check for tight cords pulling on the desk frame or desktop. Due to the sensitivity of our anti-collision system, cord tug is a common cause of desks reversing like this.
- This reset process is always the first step to take when troubleshooting your UPLIFT Desk, regardless of the error code. If you have the E7 Converter, this is the only step.
- Remember - Half of control boxes that are returned to us a "broken" only needed a proper reset! Please carefully follow these instructions.
- Ensure there is nothing under your desk
- Your Control box must be attached firmly to either your desktop or frame. If it is dangling by a cord or not secured, the anti-collision feature is falsely triggered and your desk won't move properly.
- Ensure there is nothing under your desk and that your control box is attached firmly to either your desktop or frame.
- Check for tight cords pulling the desk down, or for anything obstructing the desk's movement. Due to the sensitivity of our anti-collision system, the desk will quickly reverse direction if it encounters an obstruction.
- Hold the DOWN button until the desk reaches its lowest height and then release it.
- Hold the DOWN button again for 10 seconds, and then release (if you have an Advanced Keypad, it will display "ASR"; the Basic Keypad does not have a display).
- Hold the DOWN button again until the desk lowers a bit more, then slightly rises and stops, then release the button. This movement means the desk reset was successful. However, if the desk doesn't move after holding the button for 10 seconds, you may have to press and hold the DOWN button again.
- Try to operate your desk like normal.
- Not working or same error? Repeat the above Quick Reset Instructions once more, just in case. Remember - half of control boxes that are returned to us a "broken" only needed a proper reset!
- If the Quick Reset Instructions were not successful, continue to the Thorough Reset Instructions.
- Unplug the power cable going from the power outlet to the control box.
- Hold the DOWN button on your keypad for 30 seconds.
- Unplug the keypad cable and leg cables going to the control box.
- Firmly plug the keypad cable and leg cables back into the control box. Make sure the connections are nice and firm by pressing them in.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- If the desk remains unresponsive during the 30 seconds, then letting go and holding the down arrow for an ADDITIONAL 10 seconds often will do the trick.
- If the desk is still unresponsive, follow the Quick Reset Instructions listed above.
If your desk is still not working correctly, or if your desktop is tilting significantly (there's a height difference between the legs exceeding 1.5"), then please contact us. We will help solve your problem.
Download Troubleshooting Checklist Form:
If you have an Advanced Keypad, see below for an explanation of the error codes shown on the Advanced Keypads LED display.
|H01||Overheated||The desk motor has a 10% duty cycle, to protect it from overheating. For example, in a 20 minute period, if your desk motor is activated for 2 minutes, you need to let it rest for 18 minutes. Otherwise, you may see an H01 code on your keypad.|
|E01-E06||Firmware or connectivity issues||Check all cables to ensure they're firmly plugged in and then perform the quick reset procedure above.|
|E07-E012||Legs are uneven||Perform Reset procedure above.|