- In a space with too much background noise for optimal mobile phone calls? Need a place to listen to voicemails? This acoustic hideaway provides enough isolation for phone calls in the office or other noisy areas, or use it to focus and get ready for a meeting
- Phone booth can be wall-mounted, or attach it to our gliding metal frame, so you can move it wherever you want a sound-absorbing and echo-eliminating enclosure
- Includes a small shelf inside the booth, for a notepad and a cup of coffee (or other lightweight items)
- Add a bit of privacy and noise reduction to open offices, break rooms, waiting rooms, and common areas
- Up to 86% of the audio that hits the walls of the booth is absorbed (NRC 0.86), providing you with ample noise mitigation
- The booth is made from an eco-friendly polyester acoustic fiberboard (consists of 50% recycled material). Its tab-in-slot design makes for easy assembly; mount it to the wall or to our mobile steel frame
- Booth material is fire rated Euro Class B
On-Call Acoustic Privacy
There's no need to duck down or cup your hand over your mouth/phone to take a call anymore. Whether you're concerned about interrupting others' focus, trying to hear the person you're talking to, or even thinking through a difficult problem while off the phone, the Acoustic Phone Booth provides the privacy and quiet you're looking for.
Instead of leaving the building, use a wall-mounted phone booth, confident that you will be less disruptive. Install a whole bank of phone booths to create a dedicated area for acoustic privacy at your office; target areas that are especially noisy (or quiet). The phone booth dampens the decibels of any office noise, as well as the sound of your voice. Spacious and enveloping, it also isolates you on three sides to provide a more secluded workspace.
For offices that need a mobile solution, the phone booth can be mounted to our gliding frame (coming soon). Just slide the Acoustic Phone Booth to wherever it's needed.
A Human Solution to Office Noise
Whether you can't concentrate because of discussions across the room, or have visitors who need a place to take important calls, the Acoustic Phone Booth provides an on-the-spot solution to noise pollution. Just think: when you add acoustic privacy to breakrooms and common areas, you free up the space to be used by people who aren't on the phone (and don’t want to listen to those who are). And when you make those types of spaces available near your work area, you're removing unnecessary noise, supporting employees' ability to zero in on their projects.
Rated at a noise reduction coefficient of 0.86, the phone booth absorbs 86% of all the sound that hits it—from both the inside and outside. And the small shelf inside provides plenty of space for a pad of paper and a cup of coffee, perfect for taking notes or capturing ideas. While it's not a full-scale isolation booth, it is an excellent spot to find some more peace and have a phone conversation.
Installation, Materials, and Design
The Acoustic Phone Booth is assembled from panels that are cut to fit together in a tab-in-slot fashion, which makes building the booth quite simple. Use the included mounting hardware to hang it on wood paneling or drywall (see the FAQs for more information on mounting surfaces).
The phone booth is made from polyester acoustic fiberboard, which is a dense material that has excellent sound absorption properties—yet remains lightweight enough for wall mounting. And its fiberboard comes from 50% recycled material, so it's environmentally friendly, too. The fire rating for the booth is Euro Class B.
You can coordinate this phone booth with other UPLIFT Desk acoustic solutions. Try adding one or more of our ceiling-mounted acoustic panels—perhaps the 3D Acoustic Ceiling Waffle Cloud or the Rectangular Acoustic Ceiling Cloud—for a more angular design. The Acoustic Wall-Mounted Rectangular Panels also complement the shape of the booth nicely.
Your Office—Designed for Quiet
Outfitting your space with the Acoustic Phone Booth is just the start—we have a whole line of acoustic solutions made to help your whole office maintain peace, quiet, and productivity.
Shop our growing line of UPLIFT Acoustics; from wall-mounted to desk-mounted to sound-sheltering walls, we have the accessories that reduce sound, increase privacy, and add a visually-stimulating focal piece to your office.
|Outer dimensions||32.75" W x 27.9" D x 35.5" H|
|Inner dimensions||31.25" W x 31" H|
|Panel material||Polyester acoustic fiberboard|
|Panel thickness||0.75" thick|
|Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC)||0.86|
|Colors||outside gray (#34) / inside green (#A39)
outside charcoal (#17) / inside gray (#34)
|Spec||Mounts to wall using qty 6 #10 screws and washers. Will include drywall anchors.|
|Fire rating||Booth material is fire rated Euro Class B|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I use the shelf inside for?
The phone booth's shelf is made from the same material as the rest of the booth and is intended to hold small, lightweight items. We kept it small, so as to leave plenty of room in the booth for you to settle in and focus. You might use it to hold a notepad, a cup of tea, and your cell phone.
- Can I use my laptop in this phone booth?
While the shelf inside is not deep enough or robust enough to support a laptop, you can certainly bring a stool in with you and rest the computer on your lap.
The shelf will support a small tablet or phablet, but not a full-sized tablet or laptop.
- Do I need tools to put this together? Can I do it by myself?
Technically, no, you don't need tools to assemble the phone booth—but our instructions do recommend that you assemble the booth during the mounting process. Mounting the phone booth to a wall will require tools: a screwdriver, a drill, a tape measure, and a pencil. Mounting to the optional metal frame requires the same tools.
There are a couple of steps where we do recommend getting a second person to help you with the mounting process.
- Can I mount the phone booth to brick, cement, or cinder block walls?
Yes, you can, but you will need different wall anchor hardware, which is not included with the purchase of the phone booth.
Choose a Color
This phone booth comes in either gray (with a green interior) or charcoal (with a gray interior). Choose the colors that work best with your walls and office decor—or coordinate your design with some of our other UPLIFT Desk acoustic treatments.
This product comes standard with a 2-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.