- Desktops are constructed of reclaimed Douglas Fir or Teak
- Each top is one-of-a-kind so no two are the same
- Roomy 30" depth delivers much-needed room for tasking
- Desktop may be mounted to a standing desk or fixed-height base
- Teak tops are 1.25" thick and Douglas Fir tops are 1.5" thick
- Constructed from salvaged lumber by our expert woodworker
Reclaimed Wood Desktops
Task at a desk that inspires and enthralls with a Rectangular Reclaimed Wood Desktop.
Our Douglas Fir and Teak desktops are available in your choice of size and pairs with our trustworthy UPLIFT adjustable height desk frame for a major style and comfort upgrade you can feel from the first stand. Eye-catching markings in the wood grains on each desk make every desktop unique, so you never have to worry about twinning tops with your coworkers. All lumber is hand-selected by our savvy woodworkers for the highest quality salvaged wood available on the market.
Reclaimed wood desktop colors may vary slightly from what you see here. Our reclaimed teak desktops boast rare characteristics and may come with inlaid patches to repair imperfections in the wood. Please click for an example of what these patches look like.
|Desktop weight||4 lb/sq ft|
|Desktop width||42" - 80"|
|Desktop thickness||Douglas Fir - 1.5" thick
Teak - 1.25" thick
Note: Wood Desktops and Dry Climates
If the air in your area is especially dry, your wood desktop could be at increased risk of cracking and splitting. Wood naturally expands and contracts depending on the amount of moisture in the environment, and without enough humidity, the moisture in your desk can evaporate, leaving it vulnerable to warping.
It's a completely natural process, but it's unfortunately something that could affect your new wood desktop. If your desktop does crack or split, we're happy to send you a repair kit to fill the affected areas. If potentially repairing your wood desktop isn't something you're comfortable with, we recommend that you take a look at our Bamboo, Eco, or Laminate desktops instead.
If your desktop has already warped, please click here for instructions on using our solid wood desktop repair kit.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is reclaimed wood?
Instead of cutting down new trees to make your desktop, we breathe new life into old wood. Our desktops use boards that were previously being used as flooring or the side of a barn. You'll get a wood desktop that is more economical and will ship out more quickly than a custom solid wood desktop.
- Where do you source the reclaimed wood?
Our Douglas fir comes from old mills, construction projects, barns or whiskey stills. The Teak originated in Indonesia and also comes from a variety of dismantled buildings. If only your desktop could talk, just imagine the stories it would tell.
- Is the desktop surface smooth?
The Teak desktop has a smooth surface and is finished with a water/wax sealant. There is more texture on the Douglas fir desktop, with natural divots and grooves.
- Can I order a reclaimed wood desktop in a custom size?
To help keep our costs low, our reclaimed wood desktops are only offered in standard sizes.
- Why is reclaimed wood so much cheaper than solid wood?
We offer reclaimed wood desktops in standard sizes and house them in our warehouse, allowing us to pass along the savings to you. In comparison, our solid wood desktops are handcrafted when you place an order, and therefore are priced a little higher.
- How durable is reclaimed wood?
A lot of things get better with age, and our reclaimed wood desktops are no exception. The salvaged wood has had years to expand and harden, providing you with an extremely durable desk. Reclaimed wood is even heartier and more scratch resistant than a younger solid wood desktop.
Reclaimed Douglas Fir
Authentic reclaimed desks come from our artisans in California, who specialize in restoring hardwoods, granting a second life to very hardy materials. Each top is unique, and your finish may vary.
Restored to like-new condition, this reclaimed, upcycled wood doesn't even look like it led an entirely different life before becoming your new desk. Each top is different, so your finish may vary.
Reclaimed teak desktops may come with inlaid patches to repair imperfections in the wood. Please click for an example of what these patches look like.
Reclaimed desktops are available in 30'' depths and a variety of different widths: 42", 48", 60", and 72". Douglas Fir tops are also available in 36" and 80" widths, and 24" depths on 42", 48", 60" and 72" widths.
Our wood desktops are some of the thickest available on the market. Douglas Fir desktops are 1.5" thick while Teak desktops are 1.25" thick.
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization number within 30 days of receipt.
- You'll be responsible for shipping the products to the return address provided with the RMA number. For full desks, this will require coordinating with a freight company.
- All items must be returned in their original factory packaging and in "like new" condition. If items are damaged or show signs of wear and tear, they may be subject to fees.
- All returned items must be disassembled and repackaged as they were originally received. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- An RMA number is required for all returns. Please do not return any items without first receiving your RMA number.
- We strongly suggest using a trackable and insurable shipping method when making your return. We are not responsible for returns lost or damaged in transit.