- Over 10 different real wood tops constructed using environmentally friendly methods
- Each desktop is finished with a protective wax and water-based urethane finish
- Long-lasting, eye-catching real wood top elevates the style in any space
- Fits on height-adjustable and fixed-height desk bases
- Made of eco-friendly, sustainable lumber
Solid Wood Desktops
This beautiful top pairs with our UPLIFT electric standing desk base for a better way to work in stylish comfort.
Naturally occurring markings and lines in the wood grains make each Solid Wood Desktop one-unique. Lumber is handpicked by our expert woodworkers for only the best real wood desktops you can buy. Choose a desktop with a raw bark line edge for an even more natural look and feel to your workstation.
An added bonus? For every solid wood desktop purchased we'll plant five trees in a U.S. National Park through our partnership with the National Forest Foundation.
|Desktop weight||4 lb/sq ft|
|Desktop width||42" - 80"|
Note: Wood Desktops and Dry Climates
If the air in your area is especially dry, your wood desktop could be at increased risk of cracking and splitting. Wood naturally expands and contracts depending on the amount of moisture in the environment, and without enough humidity, the moisture in your desk can evaporate, leaving it vulnerable to warping.
It's a completely natural process, but it's unfortunately something that could affect your new wood desktop. If your desktop does crack or split, we're happy to send you a repair kit to fill the affected areas. If potentially repairing your wood desktop isn't something you're comfortable with, we recommend that you take a look at our Bamboo, Eco, or Laminate desktops instead.
If your desktop has already warped, please click here for instructions on using our solid wood desktop repair kit.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between the 1.5" thick Solid Wood Bamboo and your other 1" thick bamboo?
Besides just giving you an extra 0.5" of thickness, the standard bamboo top is a UV-cured bamboo that we stock in our warehouse. It comes with or without a center cut-out and will ship out in 1-2 business days. The Premium Bamboo is made from fully matured Moso bamboo. This denser bamboo features a beautiful vertical grain. Each desktop is custom-made when you order and will ship out in 12-14 weeks.
- Can I order a custom size?
Absolutely! Each UPLIFT Desk Solid Wood Desktop is handmade, which means it can be made to your exact liking! Changing the sizes won't increase the lead time, either. Contact our customer service team for a quote.
- Can I get this with the ergo edge?
An ergo edge is unavailable with the solid wood desktops.
- How durable is solid wood?
At 1.75" thick, these desktops are beasts. Solid wood is a very durable surface and will harden with time. However, the surface may scratch or get dull if you don't maintain it. If you live in a very dry climate, you will need to keep your desk hydrated with lemon oil. Otherwise the wood may dry out and crack.
- How should I care for my desktop?
We have combined all of the care items needed to maintain your solid wood desktop in one easy kit. You will want to clean the surface of your desktop with lemon oil. The oil also helps keep the wood properly hydrated. Use the oil with furniture cloths to help polish the surface. If scratches do occur, you can gently buff them out with the steel wool pad.
- I just received my desk and the color of the wood looks a little off, are you sure it is the wood that I ordered?
Although we are not immune to errors, your freshly harvested desktop may look a little different than a mature desktop. Different species will be either a little lighter or darker than their aged counterparts. Over time the color will eventually even out.
- What is a "barkline?"
Cedar and mesquite desktops are available with a barkline, or "live edge." This natural edge follows the curve of the wood and provides a unique, rustic look.
- How can I feel good about chopping down an innocent tree for my custom desktop?
We have partnered with the National Forest Foundation to plant five trees in U.S. National Forests when you buy a solid wood desktop. You can rest a little easier at night knowing that the new trees will help beautify our national parks.
- Will the surface be smooth?
Natural wood is, well, natural and may contain some bug holes, knots, and imperfections. Our woodworker smooths these out by adding either black or clear filler to smooth out the surface of the desk.
We're proud to offer more than a dozen species of solid wood, along with multiple wood stain and barkline options so that you can create the desk that you want.
Our woodworkers boast years of experience with these native Texas woods, and have been hired by us specifically for their speediness and attention to detail.
Each desktop is custom-made and one-of-a-kind, so your finish may vary slightly from our photos.
Add a Barkline Edge
Your UPLIFT Solid Wood Desktop can be ordered with square edges on all four sides, a natural barkline on just the front edge, or a natural barkline on the front and back edges of your desk.
Hole in One
We give you the option to add wire or power grommets to your desktop. Wire Grommets let you route your cords and cables through a swiveling slot that opens and closes on your desk. Or upgrade to a Power Grommet, which adds a duo of power outlets to each grommet hole, giving you freedom to power and charge devices straight from your desktop.
Grommets are located fifteen inches from the center of the desk, to the left and right. In our ergonomic experience, we have found that this is an ideal spot for the best combination of cable management and accessory use.
Want more grommets or a custom location? Give us a ring: 1-800-349-3839.
Solid Wood Care Kit
Peace of Mind
Protect your investment with the UPLIFT Care Kit for Solid Wood Desktops. When your wood top needs a revival, this is the kit to restore it to its former glory. The kit comes complete with five furniture polishing cloths, one 16 oz. bottle of Old English lemon oil, and one steel wool hand pad.
Available with two Scratch Repair Kit options. If you order the Scratch Repair Kit, you will also receive one 16 oz. bottle of Old English Scratch Cover in addition to the UPLIFT Solid Wood Care Kit. The scratch repair kit for light wood is great for lighter woods such as Maple, Cherry, and Pecan. The scratch repair kit for darker wood is excellent for dark woods like Walnut, Mesquite, and Sipo Mahogany.
Please Note: Packaging of the Old English products may vary, but rest assured you are still receiving the same great product.
- Genuine wood desktops in multiple styles and sizes
- Allows you to create luxurious solid wood sit-stand desk
- 1.75" thick solid wood and 1.5" thick bamboo tops are durable
- Chosen for the unique features in each species of wood
- Cedar and Mesquite available with barkline edges
- Materials Bamboo, Solid Wood
- Weight Capacity (with Frame) 355 lb
Desktops are not covered under our 7 year warranty. We will repair or replace any desktop that is rendered unusable as a result of a manufacturer's defect or damage in shipping if notified within 30 days of receipt.
For information on UPLIFT Desk warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.