The UPLIFT V2 4-Leg Standing Desk Frame
You may have already created your ideal desktop. Now, you're wondering whether you should use a 2-leg or 4-leg frame. The UPLIFT V2 2-Leg Frame is a great choice for most users—but when you need even more strength and stability, we recommend the UPLIFT V2 4-Leg Standing Desk Frame.
With 180 lb more lifting capacity than our 2-leg frame, which was named the Best Standing Desk by both Wirecutter and Forbes, this 4-leg version is designed for larger desktops, from 42" wide on up (so long as it's stable). Each of the frame's four inverted legs has a welded stability brace and a powerful motor, making for a very sturdy desk with 535 lb of lifting force. If you're looking for a height adjustable desk to help you stand and sit at the perfect heights for your body, look no further.
Why Choose the UPLIFT V2 4-Leg Frame for Your Desktop?
Get moving with a desk that gives you transitions to your ideal sitting and standing heights with this frame as the foundation. We created it especially for those of you who love to customize. Whether you're a skilled craftsperson or just prefer your own style, here's an adjustable height desk frame worthy of your one-of-a-kind desktop. Built to contract-grade standards, enjoy work at the quiet, reliable standing desk platform you've been waiting for.
- Securely holds desktops 42" wide and wider
- Strong, sturdy frame meets the ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 standard for durability
- 3-stage legs travel 33% faster than 2-stage legs, so you can move between sitting and standing more quickly
- Quad motors (one per leg) mean your frame can lift up to 535 lb
- Anti-collision feature stops desk if it bumps into something
- 7-year warranty on all frame, mechanical, and electrical components
- Only makes 50 dB of sound when raising or lowering
Complimentary Space Planning
Building an office? If you have four or more frames in mind, we'd love to help you come up with a plan for where to place them in your new space—for free. Instead of waiting until delivery day to figure it out, or spending a few hours coming up with a design, let our professionals assist you.
To get started, simply complete four simple steps, and we'll lay out your office desk configuration for your particular office shape and dimension. In addition to your custom desk plan, we'll also include a discounted quote for your order. Building the office that works best for your team—and that enables them to do their best work—is easier than ever.
Access All Features with the Advanced Keypad
Some of the features of your frame can only be accessed if you choose the Advanced Keypad during purchase, including: memory presets, min/max limits, the keypad child lock, and a display auto-dark.
Perhaps the most obvious advantage of the Advanced Keypad is that you can set up to four different heights in your memory bank. Once you have your preferences saved, just press a button and your desk will raise or lower to the right level.
For safety purposes, you can program how high or low your desk will adjust, preventing you (or anyone else) from bumping into objects above or below the desktop. The child lock helps with this as well—simply lock the keypad when you step away. If, for some reason, the desk does bump into something, its collision sensitivity will stop it from moving.
The auto-dark keypad display is convenient for minimizing light distractions; 10 seconds after you press a key, the display dims.
The Feeling Is Mutual
From all of us at UPLIFT Desk, we just want to say thank you for all of your support and feedback. We couldn't have built this organization without your input; and now, we're able to help more people than ever work better and live healthier.
We remain dedicated to the mission of designing and building workspace solutions that provide the inspiration, stability, and comfort you need to do your best work. We hold our products to the highest quality standards, while keeping our prices low, providing as many people as possible with the opportunity to reap the benefits of an ergonomic workplace.
We're honored that both Wirecutter and Forbes have named us as the maker of the "Best Standing Desk." In addition, we've been ranked #1 by Wired, Lifehacker, and many others. We couldn't have reached these heights without your support. Thank you.
Join our hundreds of thousands of happy customers, including hundreds of Fortune 500 companies.
Click here to see more reviews.
Feeling Powerful Yet?
Once you install your desktop on the 4-leg frame, you'll have a height adjustable workstation that can move over 2' from low to high. This means you'll need a power solution that moves with you—or at least provides enough slack to keep your computer from coming unplugged when you height adjust.
Implement a Wire Management Plan
Managing the cables that run across and under your desktop isn't necessarily an exciting topic of discussion—but it's something you don't want to overlook. Now that you're at a standing desk, the cables that hang down may become more apparent. Not only that, but those cables could possibly snag on something as you adjust the height of your desktop.
We have many different cable management solutions to help you route and hide away what could otherwise be a tangle of wires, preventing snagging and providing a clean look to your workspace. Your UPLIFT V2 4-Leg Frame even comes with a wire management tray, to help you get started.
|Frame height range||24.5" - 50.1" H|
|Travel height||25.6" of travel|
|Travel speed||1.57" per second (varies - slowest with maximum load) with soft start/stop actuator motors|
|Noise level||50 decibels during motion|
|Base width||Accommodates desktops 42" W or wider|
|Lifting capacity||535 lb|
|Keypad||Advanced one-touch digital memory keypad is available, push and hold up/down keypad is standard|
|Adjustable foot-leveling studs||3/8" adjustment for uneven flooring|
|Input||100-120VAC, 50/60Hz, 4.0A|
|ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 Durability certification||UPLIFT V2 4-Leg Frame passed ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 Durability Standard Testing (passed all applicable sections 4.3, 4.4, 4.6, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 15, and 18)|
|CAN/CGSB 44.227-2008E certification||Canadian desktop deflection specification compliant with section 6.6.1/8.4 Surface Deflection|
|Safety certifications||Lifting Column, Power Cord, & Control Box - UL/CSA (Canada and U.S.)|
|Warranty||7-year all-inclusive warranty on entire desk base: motor frame, controller, keypad, electronics, and mechanisms included. Extension to 12 years available.|
|Shipping dimensions||This item must ship via freight carrier. Learn about freight shipping on our Freight Shipping 101 page.|
Weight and Proper Use:
- Weight capacity for UPLIFT Desk frames assumes that the weight is evenly distributed across the desktop
- Improper weight distribution may damage the actuators, create a tipping hazard, and void the warranty
- Install the crossbar center rails to enhance stability and prevent bowing
- Do not drag the desk, as this may rack the legs
- Not a toy: do not let children play on or around the desk
- Please observe all instructions and notices in the provided user guide
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I tell which control box I have?
You can quickly check to see which version of the control box you have by glancing at the silver label on it. If it says v4.1, v4.2, or v4.3, you know you have the newest version of our control box, which includes several new features!
- What are the new features of the v4 control box?
When it comes to safety, collision sensitivity is number one. The new control box can tell when the desk bumps into something during height adjustment—and if it does, the desk stops and reverses slightly. There's also a keypad child lock, which you can set to keep little hands from playing with the buttons when you're not around.
The new control box can also toggle between one-touch and constant-touch modes, allowing you to set your preference with just a few buttons. And whether you're a standard or metric type of person, your keypad can display the desk's height using the "proper" units (inches or centimeters).
- What is the keypad lock feature? How do I use it?
In order to add an extra layer of safety to our desks, we designed our newest control boxes with a lockout feature, so that children or other users can't adjust the desk when the lock is activated. To lock the keypad, press the "M" button for 5 seconds, until the LED switches to "LOC." To unlock it, press the "M" button again for 5 seconds.
- What is the ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 Durability Standard?
The X5.5-2014 standard ensures that both of our UPLIFT V2 4-Leg Standing Desk Frames meet and exceed strict tests of desk loading, racking, leg strength, vertical adjustment, and cycle testing.
- Why doesn't the frame work if I remove one of the legs?
Each control box is specific to the number of legs on the frame (2, 3, or 4). Therefore, if you remove one of the legs, the entire frame will not work.
- What is the benefit of a 4-leg frame over a 2-leg frame?
The 4-leg frame is inherently more stable, based on the principles of physics. It also has a larger carrying capacity, which comes in handy if you are using your desk to carry something substantial, like a large quilting machine or a turntable.
- Why does this frame have a motor in each leg?
All UPLIFT Desk frames boast a motor in each leg so that you can rest assured that your desk is the safest, quietest, strongest, and most reliable desk you can buy. Most electric sit-stand desks on the market only have a single motor.
- Are there any restrictions to the kinds of tops that I can attach to this frame?
You can install very wide desktops with this frame, so long as they are stable and don't exceed the weight capacity of 535 lb. The frame needs a 42" desktop, at minimum. Please note that 42" and 48" desktops cannot have grommets, since the frame interacts with the desktop at the grommet placements for those widths.
- Is the 4-leg frame as quiet as the 2-leg frame?
It certainly is—both frames produce 50 db when adjusting their heights!
- Why are three-stage frames better than two-stage frames?
That has to do with the three spindles we have in each of our frame legs—versus the standard two you'll find on cheaper height adjustable frames. Because we add a spindle, it makes our desks 33% quicker to adjust! Also, our three-stage frames offer you a higher range of height adjustability, so they suit a wider group of people, from the petite to the very tall—and even kids!
If you plan on adding a treadmill to your standing workstation down the line, a three-stage frame will give you the extra boost you need to raise your desk high enough to use it.
- Can I use a glass desktop?
Yes, you can use a glass desktop, but you will need to mount it to a piece of wood or other material first—and that material should be thick enough to hold the wood screws (included) used to mount your desktop to the frame.
- Will two people be able to move the 4-leg frame?
The 4-leg frame is quite substantial, so this really depends on how heavy your desktop is. More than two people might be necessary to move a large conference table. Be sure to include casters on your frame if you plan on moving the desk often.
- Can I use the 4-frame frame with a circular top?
Certainly! The 4-leg frame is great for unique desktop shapes, including circles and ovals. Just make sure to evenly distribute the weight across all four legs—and choose a substantially solid desktop.
- If I live outside of the United States, will this frame work with my outlets and voltage?
All control boxes by UPLIFT Desk are designed to run on the US electricity standard of 120V. If you are ordering an UPLIFT Desk frame from outside the United States (other than Canada), you'll need to plug it into a step-down transformer first. If you don't use a transformer, you run the risk of overloading your frame's control box, which is not covered by warranty. If you have any questions at all regarding how your country's voltage works with this frame, call, email, or chat us here on our site.
Our sturdy 4-leg height adjustable frame delivers enough lifting capacity to elevate heavy desktops and tabletops up to 530 pounds.
Features & Specs
- Choose from a variety of top styles, including GREENGUARD-certified laminates, 1" thick carbonized bamboo, and solid wood
- Whisper-quiet motor in each frame leg makes it safer, stronger, and more reliable; supports 530 pounds
- 4-leg desk frame is fully height adjustable from 24.4" to 50.0” (without desktop thickness)
- Hall effect sensor in the frame detects resistance and reverses frame direction for safety
4-Leg V2 Commercial Height-Adjustable Frame
#1-Rated Frame—Named the "Best Standing Desk" by Wirecutter and Forbes
Features & Specs
- Steel construction with four finishes
- 48 patent-pending accessory mounting points
- 3-stage legs adjust 33% faster than 2-stage
- 530 lb lifting capacity
- Meets and exceeds ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 Stability, Strength, and Durability ratings
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.