- Sound-dampening panels lower ambient noise levels in office spaces and provide decoration for walls
- 3D-cube design creates more surface area for sound to be absorbed and enhances the look of plain walls
- Each panel has a 0.80 noise reduction coefficient—which means that 80% of the sound energy that hits the panel will be absorbed
- These panels are made from 50% recycled material, reducing their environmental impact and reusing resources wisely
- ASTM E84-08 tested with a Euro Class B fire rating
- Add multiple panels to your wall to create sound-absorbent wall designs as large as you'd like
- Simple setup means you can mount the panels with just a few clips and optional adhesive strips—without blemishing the wall; you can also use hot glue or Velcro (purchase separately)
Enrich Your Design and Improve Office Focus
You invest in the right desks and workstations for your staff—to ensure they have the right tools to do the job in the right settings—but have you taken time to consider how sound plays a role in your office? Whether we like it or not, conversations, phone calls, and even typing sounds can all cause distractions. And all of these noises can draw an employee's attention away from important tasks and projects.
While you can't eliminate all extraneous sound in your workspace, you can do something about the general layer of focus-fracturing disruption. Bring down the noise level with a richly colored panel that embraces modern design while eschewing its coldness. The 3D Cubes Acoustic Wall Panel helps prevent excess noise from bouncing off the walls and buries the brouhaha in a warm, plum-colored elegance.
Downtown Style Meets High Efficiency
You may notice that the surface of this panel consists of multi-level cubes. This is not merely a decorative flourish to help jazz up a blank wall (though it does that nicely). These cube shapes extend from the wall like a block of horizontal skyscrapers in order to present more sound-capturing area to the room, the slight height differences exposing sides that would otherwise be hidden.
On top of that, this plum panel has earned an NRC rating of 0.80, which tells us that the panel absorbs 80% of all the sound that reaches it, taking noise down notches, from a cacophonous roar to a mentally-managable murmur.
A big part of the reason this panel is so effective is its material. The pressed polyester fiberboard used to build it consists of 50% recycled post-consumer content, making it both lightweight and environmentally friendly. And it's been tested according to ASTM E84-08 standards—with a Euro Class B fire rating, to boot.
Modular and Versatile Design
With a roughly 2' x 2' footprint (at just over 3" thick) the 3D Cubes Acoustic Wall Panel is an excellent modular solution for noisy (or noise-sensitive) office spaces. Mount panels in a line, make a four-panel square, or get creative with your configurations. The panels can even work as an accent wall. Mount as many as you need throughout the office.
Installation is quick and easy—possibly easier than hanging a picture. Each panel comes with four mounting clips; add the adhesive mounting strips to your cart and you're ready to go. To expand your nail-free options, you can use hot glue (and other adhesives) or Velcro. Of course, nails are a perfectly acceptable installation method as well.
Acoustic and Privacy Solutions for the Home and Office
The 3D Cubes Acoustic Wall Panel is just one of our many approaches to noise reduction. Not only do we have several wall panel designs and colors to choose from, we also make hanging acoustic "clouds," frame- and desk-mounted treatments, and freestanding floor panels. With acoustic and privacy solutions for all sorts of work scenarios, you can put several of them together to create a comprehensive distraction-management system.
Once you set your office up for success by addressing the visual and acoustic needs of your employees, you may think about how you're using your existing space. Several of our solutions can be used to create meeting spaces or relaxation areas—or divide entire departments.
|Panel dimensions||23.7" W x 23.7" H x 3.13" D|
|Material thickness||4.5 mm|
|Quantity included||1 panel|
|Noise reduction coefficient (NRC)*||0.80|
|Material||Pressed polyester fiberboard (50% recycled post-consumer material)|
|Shipping dimensions||23.7" x 23.7" x 3.13", 2 lb 6 oz|
|Fire rating||Euro Class B and ASTM E84-08|
*NRC (noise reduction coefficient) rating of 0.80 indicates that panel will absorb 80% of sound energy that reaches it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which method should I use for installing these panels?
We include four mounting clips with each panel. You can purchase our optional adhesive strips for a nail-free approach—or use other adhesives you may have available (such as hot glue). Velcro is also a good installation method for avoiding nails.
These panels will hang on nails, too, if you prefer to mount them like picture frames. It's all about what you prefer.
- Do I need to do anything to the walls before I mount a panel?
Because it's possible that a small seam between two panels could show a sliver of the wall behind them, you might consider painting that area of the wall a darker color. Again, this is a matter of preference.
- I purchased the optional adhesive strips? How do I install the panels with them?
- Attach the panel mounting clips on the outside corners.
- Remove the protective paper from one side of the adhesive strips, and then stick the adhesive strips to each of the mounting clips, near the corners.
- Remove the other side of the protective paper.
- Position the 3D cube panel against the wall, and then press and hold over each mounting clip for about 30 seconds.
- What are the panel's dimensions?
The 3D Cubes Acoustic Wall Panel is 23.7" x 23.7" (and 3.13" deep). Each panel only weighs only 2 lb 6 oz because they're made from pressed polyester fiberboard.
- How much noise reduction can I expect?
This panel has an NRC (noise reduction coefficient) of 0.80, which indicates that it will absorb 80% of the sound energy that reaches it. Given that fact, as well as the increased surface area produced by the multi-level cube shapes, the panel can be quite effective at dampening any noise that hits it.
These panels are a modular solution, and measure roughly 2' by 2' square. We suggest testing out a few in locations that are especially loud or open.
- What about mounting these on the ceiling?
We have tested this mounting application and do not recommend mounting the 3D Cubes Acoustic Wall Panel on the ceiling. The good news is that we do offer several hanging acoustic treatments—check out the 3D Acoustic Ceiling Waffle Cloud.
Choose a Color
for future colors
3M Command Strips
Outfitting your space for better acoustics is well worth the effort - make it easy on yourself with removable 3M Command Strips. Perfectly sized to secure all of your 3D Tube Acoustic Wall Panels, you'll be on your way to a more sound-sheltered office space in no time. The strips adhere to tile, wood, metal, and even painted surfaces.
Bonus points go to being easy to remove with no stickiness or residue left behind on your wall. Each pack comes with nine strips, enough to outfit two panels, with one strip left over for backup.
This product comes standard with a 5-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.