- Absorb office noise and make it easier for employees to concentrate, while also adding unique design textures to your walls
- Honeycomb-like concave cells absorb more sound than flat panels due to their increased surface area. They also provide a stylish accent feature for your workspace
- Convert entire walls into decorative, sound-dampening surfaces. The panel's modular design means you’re only limited by space
- Engineered to an NRC (noise reduction coefficient) rating of 0.8, these panels absorb 80% of sound that reaches them
- These panels contain 50% recycled post-consumer material, giving you an eco-friendly acoustic solution
- ASTM E84-08 tested, with a Euro Class B fire rating
- Each panel installs in minutes using optional adhesive strips—which won’t put holes in the walls. Or install with small nails, hot glue, or other adhesives
Catch Sound with Style
Do you work best in quiet environments? Even if that's not an issue for you, some of your coworkers may need the noise level to be kept to a minimum in order to focus. Maybe the heartbeat of your office is constant phone calls and discussions. In all three cases, you need help managing sound.
The unique organic-meets-modern look of the 3D Cellular Acoustic Wall Panel, available in lagoon blue or white, adds a striking design element to your walls, elevating the visual landscape—but that's not its primary purpose. The recessed cells in each panel are little pockets of sound-absorption, with more surface area to catch noise than a flat panel has. That means this panel has the potential to be more effective than other acoustic solutions you may have seen in the wild.
The 3D Cellular Acoustic Wall Panel is an excellent way to solve the noise problem in your workspace, providing acoustic relief where communication is unavoidable and focus is required.
A Modular Response to Reflected Noise
Does it feel like the walls at work are closing in on you? Maybe it's just the sound of 14 other people typing and talking, bouncing back at you from blank walls. Don't forget that adding acoustic treatments can drastically reduce this bounceback—and the 3D Cellular Acoustic Wall Panel is no exception. Each panel has an NRC of 0.8, which means that the concave surface of each cell absorbs a whopping 80% of the sound that hits it. Get the picture?
And because these panels measure roughly 2' by 2', you can cover as much or as little of the wall as you need. Create columns or rows, put four squares together, or fill an entire wall: it's all down to how you want to decorate and how much sound dampening you need.
Eco-Friendly and Easy-to-Install
These panels are made of pressed polyester fiberboard, a lightweight material that comes from 50% recycled post-consumer content—so you get an environmentally friendly solution to noise pollution. They've also been tested according to ASTM E84-08 and given a Euro Class B fire rating.
Installing a 3D Cellular Acoustic Wall Panel is quick and easy. We include mounting clips, and you can pair them with the optional adhesive strips (sold separately) for a nail-free installation that takes mere minutes. You can also use other adhesives (including hot glue), Velcro, or nails. Each panel only weighs 26 ounces, which is lighter than many picture frames, so you should be able to mount them with little effort!
Give Your Office Space an Acoustic Advantage
Just as you spend time researching which desks will work best in your office, you'll want to look at how you're tackling your unique acoustic challenges. That's why we created the UPLIFT Acoustics line of solutions, with everything from freestanding panels to ceiling clouds available to help you build effective—and attractive—acoustic configurations.
Not only do these solutions help reduce distractions for your employees, but some of them also provide privacy and cordon off temporary spaces. These multi-functional acoustics can be used together to create some of the most focused, flexible, and vibrant office environments you'll find out there!
|Panel dimensions||23.75" x 23.75" x 3" (depth from the wall) and 1 lb 10 oz|
|Material thickness||4.5 mm|
|Quantity included||1 panel|
|Noise reduction coefficient (NRC)||0.80|
|Material||Pressed polyester fiberboard (50% recycled post-consumer material)|
|Fire rating||Euro Class B and ASTM E84-08|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the best method to use to mount these panels?
While we've included mounting clips with your panel (and offer adhesive strips as an add-on), the best method really comes down to preference. You can nail the panel to the wall, for instance, but that will put holes in the drywall. You can also get out your hot glue gun, or try similar adhesives.
- Do I need to prepare my wall before mounting the panels?
As you're designing your panel layout(s), you might consider whether you want to paint the wall behind them—to hide any areas where the wall color could peek through. It all depends on the look you want to achieve.
- How do I install a panel using the optional adhesive strips?
- Affix the mounting clips on the outside corners of the panel.
- Remove the cover from one side of an adhesive strip and place the sticky side on the mount. Repeat this for all of the clips.
- Uncover the other side of the adhesive strips and secure the panel to your wall.
- Press and hold the panel against the wall for about 30 seconds per mounting clip.
- How big is each wall panel? Are they heavy?
The panels are 23.75" square, and 3" deep. Because they're made of a lightweight pressed polyester fiberboard, the panel only weighs 1 lb 10 oz.
- How much noise will they reduce?
Because these panels have a noise reduction coefficient (NRC) of 0.80, they are rated to absorb 80% of the sound that reaches them. With the added surface area they provide, given their concave cell pattern, the 3D Cellular Acoustic Wall Panel is a 2' x 2' noise-reducing powerhouse. The modular design lets you choose how many panels to use in your office—so you may install a few, see how it goes, and proceed from there.
- Can I mount them on the ceiling?
Based on our in-house tests, we don't recommend mounting the 3D Cellular Acoustic Wall Panel on the ceiling. If you're looking for a hanging acoustic treatment, try our Rectangular Acoustic Ceiling Cloud.
Choose a Color
These wall panels are available in two different colors: white and lagoon blue. Coordinate or match colors with some of our other UPLIFT Acoustics solutions.
3M Command Strips
Outfitting your space for better acoustics is well worth the effort - make it easy on yourself with removable 3M Command Strips. Perfectly sized to secure all of your 3D Tube Acoustic Wall Panels, you'll be on your way to a more sound-sheltered office space in no time. The strips adhere to tile, wood, metal, and even painted surfaces.
Bonus points go to being easy to remove with no stickiness or residue left behind on your wall. Each pack comes with nine strips, enough to outfit two panels, with one strip left over for backup.
This product comes standard with a 5-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.