- The Great Core Equalizer: Core structure automatically lowers and raises the level of back support when you've reclined at any of the user determined stops to keep you from struggling against any extreme
- Outstanding Armspan: The Gesture’s arms mimic the movement of your own limbs—all the better to keep your posture in line no matter your build
- Seat Pan-Handling: The Gesture isn’t only about your arms—the flexibly-edged seat easily adjusts in and out with the turn of a dial
- Back Bending: The adaptable ventilated seat back moves with you as you adjust yourself during the day, and supports you with every shift
The People Pleaser
Want to know why the Gesture is one of the most popular ergonomic chairs in the world? It's a chair that's made to fit the way we sit, no matter your size or shape. The Gesture’s incredible arm adjustability and instantly moldable back are all about fitting in with the the widest frames, most narrowly tapered shoulders and everyone in between. Best-in-class arms along with legendary Steelcase craftsmanship make the Gesture the leading ergonomic chair that fits all people.
For a limited time, get $100 off select UPLIFT Desk configurations at checkout with the purchase of this Steelcase chair.
|Weight capacity||400 lb|
|Seat depth||adjustable between 15.75" and 18.5"|
|Seat height from floor||adjustable between 16" and 21"|
|Back height from seat||24"|
|Back lumbar height||9.25"|
|Lumbar flex zone||4"|
|Width between arms||adjustable between 10.25" and 22.5"|
|Arm to floor||adjustable between 23" and 32"|
|Arm height from seat||adjustable between 7.25" and 11.5"|
|Arm cap pivot range||30 degrees|
|Seat pan angle||1 degree|
|Angle between seat and back||98 degrees to 125 degrees|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any way to cut down on the lead time?
Contact our Sales Pros if you are interested in ordering a black version of the chair that will ship out on the same business day.
- What is the difference between the Gesture and the Leap?
Steelcase designed the Gesture Chair for users who work on many different mobile devices throughout the day. It features highly adjustable arms, different padding, and is styled differently styling from the Leap Chair.
- Does this come with a headrest?
The Gesture can be ordered with a headrest; however, the option is not available on our website. Contact our Sales Pros and they will be able to order the headrest version of the Gesture Ergonomic Chair.
- Can I add a headrest or lumbar support at a later time?
No, the headrest and lumbar support cannot be retrofitted after purchase. If you would like either of these options, you must add them to your chair now.
- Is this chair available without arms?
The Steelcase Gesture Chair is only available with arms. The highly adjustable arms are what set the Gesture apart from other ergonomic office chairs.
- I want a chair with versatile arms, is this the chair for me?
Yes, the arms on the Gesture Chair are some of the most versatile on the market. The move in all directions and are able to go very low or close to the seat pan.
The Gesture chair is available in multiple frame color combinations: black with black accents, Platinum frame with Merle accents,Sterling dark frame with Merle accents, or a Platinum frame with Seagull accents.
The base of the Gesture chair is finished to match the chair's frame. A polished aluminum base can be selected as well.
Steelcase offers three cylinder heights to choose from:
|Standard seat height||15.5" - 20.5" H|
|Tall seat height||17" - 24" H|
|Short seat height||14.5" - 18.25" H|
The Gesture Chair can be ordered with or without a height-adjustable lumbar support. This option allows for 4 inches of height adjustment for added support to the lower back.
Choose between standard carpet casters, soft casters for hard floor surfaces, or chair glides. Soft casters provide more resistance on hard surfaces to keep your chair from rolling out from under you. Plastic glides are ideal for users who want their chair to remain stationary.
The Steelcase Gesture chair can be ordered with a hard plastic shell back or a partially upholstered ''wrapped'' back style, if you prefer.
Connect - Grade 2
Cogent: Connect is a bold knit fabric that's available in several colors. This fabric choice is eco-friendly as it is composed of antimony-free polyester. This durable fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Steelcase leather is a luxurious choice for your executive chair. These 100% leather hides are piece dyed in mute color choices. Though the leather is not quite as soft as Elmosoft leather, it is still a great choice for most users.
Elmosoft leather is 100% leather, and the softest of our leather options. The piece dyed hides are available in a wide array of colors. Elmosoft leather provides a soft, buttery feel and is a great addition to your executive chair.
Steelcase Gesture Chair Promotional Item
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergo-friendly typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 - 17.5 pounds, and adjust the height, depth, or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 Gift Certificate towards an UPLIFT Desk
A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to take the plunge to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; this offer excludes scratch and dent models.
Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic professional. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices when setting up your workstation. The video will cover valuable ergonomic lessons such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote ergonomic postures
- Learning techniques to reduce stress and fatigue
- This Steelcase chair qualifies for a 30-day, no risk guarantee. If you are dissatisfied in any way with this product, neither we nor Steelcase will charge any restocking or shipping fees if a Return Merchandise Authorization is requested within 30 days of receipt.
- Simply contact us with your order number to arrange a refund or exchange.
- If your request is approved, Steelcase will send you a FedEx return label. You will be responsible for packaging the chair and arranging for FedEx pickup.
- An RMA number is required for all returns. Please do not return any items without first receiving your RMA number.
- Items received outside the period defined in your RMA or returned in unsatisfactory condition or both may be subject to fees and surcharges, which will be deducted from your refund.