- Reclining Rearrangements: The Leap’s back ratchets through five different reclination settings, each allowing for the seat and other components to move in tandem with it to keep you ergonomically inclined
- Adaptable Arms: Each arm can move vertically, horizontally, and pivot as needed to keep your shoulders, elbows, and wrists at their optimal angles
- Soft-to-Solid Support: The lower back firmness can be adjusted up or down to suit your needs from day to day or hour to hour
- Breathable Backrest: The slatted structure of the Leap’s back allows for the ventilation you’d expect of a mesh chair to come through the padded valley of the cushioning to keep you cool
- Smooth Seat Sliding: Seat pan in-out adjustability accommodates your leg length with minimal hassle
Embrace the Leap
With the Steelcase Leap, you’ve got an embrace that’s going to satisfy every time you sit. Featuring synchronous tilt mechanisms and a cooling slat back, this chair is comfortably curved at every point of contact. The Leap makes being a full contact seating solution serious business.
|Overall chair height||38.5" - 43.5" H|
|Seat height||Standard: 15.5" - 20.5" H
Tall: 17" - 24" H
|Back height from seat||25" H|
|Seat width||19.25" W|
|Seat Depth||15.75"- 18.75" D|
|Back width||18" W|
|Arm Width||15" - 20" W, pivot adjustment adds 2.25" for total range of 12.75" - 20" W|
|Weight Limit||400 lbs.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the weight capacity for this chair?
The Leap Chair has a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds. This is the same weight capacity as the Amia and Gesture Chairs by Steelcase.
- Can I get a discount on this chair when I order it with an UPLIFT desk?
Give our Sales Pros a call and they will be happy to discuss your options with you.
- Why is the Leap more expensive than the other Steelcase chairs?
The Steelcase Leap Chair features more technology, such as the LiveBack backrest. This backrest features slats that flex to support your spine. The backrest also includes adjustable lumbar, which can be positioned exactly where you need the support.
- Does this chair have good back support?
Yes, the Leap Ergonomic Chair offers you great back support. You can adjust the height and the pressure of the lumbar support to fit your exact comfort level.
- Does the Leap come fully assembled?
Yes, your Steelcase Leap chair will come fully assembled and ready to use right out of the box.
- I spilled coffee on my chair, how do I get the stain out?
For a water-based stain on fabric upholstery, soak up the stain with a cloth before it dries and sets. Then use an upholstery cleaning solution and follow the instructions on the upholstery solution. For an oil-based stain, use a dry-cleaning solution at room temperature. For leather upholstery, mild soap and a damp cloth should be all you need to remove most stains.
The Steelcase Leap Chair is available in your pick of a black or platinum or polished aluminum frame:
The Steelcase Leap Chair is available with or without arms. If you work at a computer a majority of the day, we recommend Steelcase arms because they're some of the best on the market and they can lower to thigh level, letting you get closer to your workstation. These highly adjustable arms move in and out, forward and back, up and down and pivot, putting you in control of your arms' rests.
The Steelcase Leap Chair is available in two different seat heights, standard or tall.
|Standard||15.5" - 20.5" H|
|Tall||17" - 24" H|
Choose hard casters for carpeted floors or soft casters for hard floors, including concrete and tile.
Buzz2 - Grade 1
Buzz2 is Steelcase's standard fabric, and is made of antimony-free polyester. This material features an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Connect - Grade 2
Connect is a bold knit fabric available in many colors. This fabric choice is eco-friendly as it is composed of antimony-free polyester. This durable fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Chainmail - Grade 2
Chainmail is composed of 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Polyester and features a dobby weave. This textured fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Steelcase leather is a classic choice for your executive chair. This 100% leather hides are piece dyed in mute color choices. Though the leather is not as soft as Elmosoft leather, it is still a great choice for most users.
Elmosoft leather is 100% leather, and the softest of the leather options. The piece dyed hides are available in a wide array of colors. Elmosoft leather offers a soft, buttery feel and is a fine addition to your executive chair.
The Steelcase Leap Chair is available with or without a headrest. The headrest provides additional support to the head and neck and provides an easy height adjustment.
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergo-friendly typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 - 17.5 pounds, and adjust the height, depth, or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 Gift Certificate towards an UPLIFT Desk
A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to take the plunge to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; this offer excludes scratch and dent models.
Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic professional. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices when setting up your workstation. The video will cover valuable ergonomic lessons such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote ergonomic postures
- Learning techniques to reduce stress and fatigue
This chair supports your spine as you move, making you more productive and comfortable throughout the workday.
Features & Specs
- Back has five reclining positions
- Arms move vertically, horizontally, and pivot
- Adjustable lower back firmness
- Backrest leaves room for airflow
- Seat pan slides in and out to fit leg length
This product comes standard with a limited lifetime warranty.
- This Steelcase chair qualifies for a 30-day, no risk guarantee. If you are dissatisfied in any way with this product, neither we nor Steelcase will charge any restocking or shipping fees if a Return Merchandise Authorization is requested within 30 days of receipt.
- Simply contact us with your order number to arrange a refund or exchange.
- If your request is approved, Steelcase will send you a FedEx return label. You will be responsible for packaging the chair and arranging for FedEx pickup.
- Items received outside the period defined in your RMA or returned in unsatisfactory condition or both may be subject to fees and surcharges, which will be deducted from your refund.