- Think Chair Version 2.0 - New features including advanced weight-activated mechanism with double the synchro ratio (3.5:1) to improve recline posture
- Wider Seat Fits More Behinds - Extra 1/2" added to seat depth and width so it suits more users
- Minimalist Styling - Unique design takes low profiles to new heights with its slender silhouette
- Synchronized Seat Tilt - Chair back and seat tilt at a preset ratio, keeping your body supported through a full range of movements
- Custom-Fit Back - Flexible rods in chair's back adjust to your size and shape, while a built-in lumbar support moves up and down to put your spine in its place
- Smart Seating - The cored bolstering technology in the seat allows for surrounding support, while the waterfall seat edge increases circulation to legs and feet
The New Think Chair
The state-of-the-art engineering of the New Think allows for an "essentials-only" look that still has a luxe and supportive feel, from its strapped back rest that molds to every shape down to the deceptively slim seat cushion that’s packed with padding despite being about half the thickness of any given great book.
This game-changing chair functions together to support the back, spine, neck, and shoulders for all of your long days spent working in a seat. An intuitive and advanced weight-activated recline mechanism and works in tandem with the seat cushion's adaptive bolstering technology for personalized seating that supports your body in all the right places.
|Chair Dimensions||37.25" - 42" H x 28.5" W x 22" - 24.25" D|
|Seat height||16.5" - 21.5" H|
|Seat depth||15.5" - 18" D|
|Seat width||20.25" W|
|Lumbar height from seat||6" - 10.25" H|
|Arm height from seat||7" - 11" W|
|Arm width||14" - 21.25"|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- This looks different than my coworker's Think Chair. Why?
This is the New Think, V2, if you will. The minimalist ergo-chair has had a few updates and is now more ready than ever to support more users throughout a broader range of motions and tasks. From typing to swiping, the Think supports everyone for a healthier and more productive seated session. The updated chair has a few exciting new features, such as a new double synchro ratio (3:5:1), whereas the Original Think worked by way of a 7:1 ratio. Steelcase added a half inch of seat depth and width to fit a wider range of users, as well. And the new Think comes in three finishes instead of the Original's two. We "think" you'll love the changes!
- What kind of lumbar support is in the back rest?
Lumbar support comes comes standard in the Think, and also comes with dual-energy lumbar support that uses two embedded glass resin springs to dynamically support the natural movement of the spine.
- Is this chair available in any other colors?
Yes! The Think Chair is available in a vibrant selection of fabric options and can be configured to your exact needs. Build the perfect chair for you with a few clicks on our handy chair builder!
- How do I clean the upholstery?
Thanks to the durable fabric on the Think Chair, cleaning it is easy! Quickly blot any stain and have an upholstery cleaner to remove the stain before it sets in. It's also a good idea to vacuum the chair periodically.
- What if I don't like this chair?
The Steelcase Think Chair is offered with free returns for 30 days. Steelcase will even cover return shipping!
- Is this the same chair that is offered for purchase with the UPLIFT Desk?
Yes, this configuration is the same setup as is offered when you add the Steelcase Think Chair as an option with your UPLIFT Desk purchase.
- Does this chair include fixed lumbar support or adjustable lumbar support?
This Steelcase Think Chair comes with the standard, adjustable lumbar support. This allows you to move the lumbar support up or down to exactly the position where you need the most support.
- Can I order a fabric swatch before I purchase my custom chair?
Yes, give our Sales Pros a call and they will be able to order you a fabric swatch so that you can be sure that your new chair will match your decor.
The Steelcase Think chair is available in your choice of black, platinum, or seagull frames.
Select from 4-way adjustable arms, height-adjustable arms, fixed arms, or no arms for your Think chair.
Note: We highly recommend the 4-way adjustable arms above all other options available for the Think. They adjust up and down, as well as slide left, right, forward and backward, with a 30° pivot in each direction.
The Steelcase Think Chair is available with a three cylinders.
|Standard||16.5'' - 21.5'' H|
|Tall||18'' - 25'' H|
|Low||15'' - 18'' H|
Choose hard casters for carpeted floors or soft casters for hard floors, including concrete and tile.
Buzz2 - Grade 1
Buzz2 is Steelcase's standard fabric, and is made of antimony-free polyester. This material features an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Connect - Grade 2
Connect is a bold knit fabric available in many colors. This fabric choice is eco-friendly as it is composed of antimony-free polyester. This durable fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Chainmail - Grade 2
Chainmail is composed of 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Polyester and features a dobby weave. This textured fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Steelcase leather is a classic choice for your executive chair. This 100% leather hides are piece dyed in mute color choices. Though the leather is not as soft as Elmosoft leather, it is still a great choice for most users.
Elmosoft leather is 100% leather, and the softest of the leather options. The piece dyed hides are available in a wide array of colors. Elmosoft leather offers a soft, buttery feel and is a fine addition to your executive chair.
A headrest option is available for any Steelcase Think chair with a black frame and base. The headrest is available in black vinyl and provides additional head and neck support to the user.
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergo-friendly typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 - 17.5 pounds, and adjust the height, depth, or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 Gift Certificate towards an UPLIFT Desk
A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to take the plunge to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; this offer excludes scratch and dent models.
Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic professional. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices when setting up your workstation. The video will cover valuable ergonomic lessons such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote ergonomic postures
- Learning techniques to reduce stress and fatigue
Black, Platinum, and Seagull frame chairs come standard with a matching base. Choose to upgrade your Think Chair to a Polished Aluminum frame for a bright, reflective finish.
The Steelcase Think Chair can be ordered with a fixed lumbar support or an adjustable lumbar support. The adjustable lumbar support pad slides up and down so you can find the perfect spot for your lumbar support.
Almost completely redesigned, and with support and sustainability in mind, this chair helps you work more comfortably and productively.
Features & Specs
- Weight-activated—improves reclining posture
- Wide, deep seat fits most people
- Synchronized back and seat tilt
- Flexible back adjusts to your body
- Adjustable lumbar support
This product comes standard with a limited lifetime warranty.
- This Steelcase chair qualifies for a 30-day, no risk guarantee. If you are dissatisfied in any way with this product, neither we nor Steelcase will charge any restocking or shipping fees if a Return Merchandise Authorization is requested within 30 days of receipt.
- Simply contact us with your order number to arrange a refund or exchange.
- If your request is approved, Steelcase will send you a FedEx return label. You will be responsible for packaging the chair and arranging for FedEx pickup.
- Items received outside the period defined in your RMA or returned in unsatisfactory condition or both may be subject to fees and surcharges, which will be deducted from your refund.