- Sleek Design: Gentle arcs keep your space visually uncluttered and your body at its perfect position
- LiveLumbar Support: Spring activated back support moves with you all day, no extra adjustments required. No matter how you shift through your shift, it stays on you
- Tension Adjustment: Keep back support and reclining as mild or as firm as you want it to be
- Armrest Positioning: So long as they’re off the dinner table, you can keep your elbows wherever you want them to be with armrests that rise, pivot, expand, and contract however you need them
- Seat Pan Adaptability: No more cutting off your shin circulation or making your knees do the legwork your posterior was meant to. The seat sliding mechanism will keep the cushion where you need it in relation to your body from the bellybutton down
- Ships Assembled: The hardest part will be trying not to play in the box
Amia Means Ergonomics
Built with those a little closer to the ground in mind, the Amia can still adjust its seat pan, arms, and lumbar support height to support a wide range of builds in complete comfort on its plush patented foam cushion.
For a limited time, get $100 off select UPLIFT Desk configurations at checkout with the purchase of this Steelcase chair.
|Overall chair height||37.25" - 42.5" H|
|Seat height||Standard: 16" - 21" H
Tall: 17" - 24" H
|Back height from seat||23.38" H|
|Seat width||19.25" W|
|Seat Depth||15.5"- 18.5" D|
|Back width||18" W|
|Arm Width||13" - 19.5" W|
|Weight Limit||400 lbs.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Leap and Amia seem pretty similar. Should I spend more on the Leap?
Many customers, and THS employees, actually prefer the Amia. You get many of the same adjustments as on the Leap Chair, at a cheaper price point. Both ergonomic chairs come with Steelcase's 30-day trial period so you can enjoy hassle-free returns for the first month.
- How much assembly is required?
The Steelcase Amia Chair ships fully assembled and ready for use.
- Does this chair come with a headrest?
No, the Amia does not have the option to purchase a headrest.
- I am small framed and I struggle to find a chair that works for my build. Is the Amia a good chair for me?
I bet it is! I have an associate that is 5 foot 1 inch and she states that she has never been very comfortable in chairs until sitting in this one!
- Can I order a fabric swatch before I purchase my chair?
Certainly, just give our Sales Pros a call and they will order a fabric swatch for you. This will help take some of the worry out of ordering a chair online.
- Will I have to wait until I receive my chair to get my $100 UPLIFT gift certificate?
Contact our Sales Pros and they will be able to help you apply your $100 UPLIFT gift certificate to an UPLIFT Desk if you wish to purchase both at the same time.
Frame and Back Color
The Steelcase Amia chair is available in your choice of Black frame with black accents, Platinum frame with Platinum accents, or Platinum frame with Merle accents.
Choose a standard black or platinum base to match the frame color of your Steelcase Amia chair, or upgrade to a polished aluminum base.
The Steelcase Amia Chair is available with or without arms. We highly recommend Steelcase arms because they're some of the most versatile arms available today. The highly-adjustable arms move in and out, forward and back, up and down and pivot, so you can fine-tune them to the exact position you need for optimal support and comfort.
The Amia Chair is available in two seat heights, standard or tall.
|Standard||15.5" - 20.5" H|
|Tall||17" - 24" H|
Select hard casters for carpeted floors or soft casters for hard floors, including tile and concrete.
Buzz2 - Grade 1
Buzz2 is Steelcase's standard fabric, and is made of antimony-free polyester. This material features an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Connect - Grade 2
Connect is a bold knit fabric available in many colors. This fabric choice is eco-friendly as it is composed of antimony-free polyester. This durable fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Chainmail - Grade 2
Chainmail is composed of 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Polyester and features a dobby weave. This textured fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Steelcase leather is a classic choice for your executive chair. This 100% leather hides are piece dyed in mute color choices. Though the leather is not as soft as Elmosoft leather, it is still a great choice for most users.
Elmosoft leather is 100% leather, and the softest of the leather options. The piece dyed hides are available in a wide array of colors. Elmosoft leather offers a soft, buttery feel and is a fine choice for your executive chair.
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergo-friendly typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 - 17.5 pounds, and adjust the height, depth, or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 Gift Certificate towards an UPLIFT Desk
A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to take the plunge to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; this offer excludes scratch and dent models.
Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic professional. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices when setting up your workstation. The video will cover valuable ergonomic lessons such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote ergonomic postures
- Learning techniques to reduce stress and fatigue
- This Steelcase chair qualifies for a 30-day, no risk guarantee. If you are dissatisfied in any way with this product, neither we nor Steelcase will charge any restocking or shipping fees if a Return Merchandise Authorization is requested within 30 days of receipt.
- Simply contact us with your order number to arrange a refund or exchange.
- If your request is approved, Steelcase will send you a FedEx return label. You will be responsible for packaging the chair and arranging for FedEx pickup.
- Items received outside the period defined in your RMA or returned in unsatisfactory condition or both may be subject to fees and surcharges, which will be deducted from your refund.