- 360° rotating armrests mimic the movement of the human arm for optimal support
- Responsive 3D LiveBack technology allows the back to conform to a variety of postures
- Core equalizer system adjusts to automatically increase or decrease lumbar support when reclined or upright
- Variable back stop system creates a tension adjustable recline system that the user defines
- Softly contoured seat edges minimize pressure against the thighs for better circulation
- Adjustable seat slider offers quick seat depth customization for taller or shorter users
- Optional adjustable lumbar support provides extra support for lower back with a 4" height adjustment range
Gesture Chair with Headrest
The Gesture chair was designed with all your working positions in mind. This is thanks to the Gesture's 360° adjusting armrests that move up, down, in, and out, and even swivel out of the way when you don't need them.
The chair comes with Steelcase's LiveBack technology, which flexes with you as you switch sitting positions throughout the day, and a revolutionary core equalizer system that gives users more or less lumbar support depending on their preferences.
"Passive" cushion edges flex to reduce pressure against your thighs, improving circulation to your legs and lower extremities.
|Chair dimensions||22.375" - 34.625" W x 39.25" - 44.25" H|
|Seat dimensions||20" W x 15.75" - 18.5" D|
|Back height from seat||23.25" H|
|Seat height||16" H - 21" H|
|Back width||16.25" W|
|Arm width||10.25" W - 22.5" W|
|Weight limit||400 lbs.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any way to shorten the lead time on the Gesture Chair?
We do offer a black version of the Gesture Chair, which is ready to ship out of our warehouse if you need a quick ship seating solution. Contact our Sales Pros if you are interested and we'll help you!
- What's the difference between the Gesture and the Leap?
If you work on a variety of different mobile devices throughout the course of the day, Steelcase's Gesture Chair is for you. It features highly adjustable arms, a uniquely padded seat, and is styled a little different from the Leap Chair.
- Does this come in a version without a headrest?
You bet! The Gesture Chair can be ordered without a headrest.
- Can I add more lumbar support at a later time?
No, lumbar support cannot be retrofitted after purchase. If you would like either of these options, you must add them to your chair now.
- Is the Gesture Chair available without arms?
The Steelcase Gesture Chair is only available with armrests. However, they adjust in, out, up, and down, so you can move them out of the way if you need.
- Why does this have a headrest? Why do I need one?
Headrests offer an extra level of support for your neck and head, which is ideal if you are taller or feel strain after sitting in an office chair for any length of time. If you need a little extra buttressing behind the head, this is the chair for you!
- What kind of adjustment features can I expect from the Gesture Chair?
The Gesture Chair is one of Steelcase's most loved ergonomic chairs, and for good reason. With an extremely high level of adjustability, this chair is ideal for multiple users, workspaces, and tasks. From the chair's flexible 3D LiveBack design to the extremely adjustable armrests that put you in control of your chair's design, this chair is customizable to your body and work needs.
- Do I have a choice of fabric?
Yes, simply shop the fabric options in our handy chair builder to see what colors we have currently.
Steelcase Gesture Chair Promotional Item
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergo-friendly typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 - 17.5 pounds, and adjust the height, depth, or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 Gift Certificate towards an UPLIFT Desk
A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to take the plunge to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; this offer excludes scratch and dent models.
Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.
The Gesture chair is available in multiple frame color combinations: black with black accents, Platinum frame with Merle accents,Sterling dark frame with Merle accents, or a Platinum frame with Seagull accents.
Connect - Grade 2
Cogent: Connect is a bold knit fabric that's available in several colors. This fabric choice is eco-friendly as it is composed of antimony-free polyester. This durable fabric offers an abrasion rating of 100,000 double rubs.
Steelcase leather is a luxurious choice for your executive chair. These 100% leather hides are piece dyed in mute color choices. Though the leather is not quite as soft as Elmosoft leather, it is still a great choice for most users.
Elmosoft leather is 100% leather, and the softest of our leather options. The piece dyed hides are available in a wide array of colors. Elmosoft leather provides a soft, buttery feel and is a great addition to your executive chair.
The Gesture's revolutionary, 360° height‐, width‐, pivot‐, and depth‐adjustable arms come standard in black plastic with soft arm caps. Upgrade to enjoy leather or Elmosoft leather arm caps on these highly adjustable arms.
The base of the Gesture chair is finished to match the chair's frame. A polished aluminum base can be selected as well.
The Steelcase Gesture Chair is available with three cylinder heights to fit various body types: standard, short, and tall.
|Standard||16" - 21" H|
|Short||14.5" - 18.25" H|
|Tall||17" - 22.5" H|
The Gesture Chair can be ordered with or without a height-adjustable lumbar support. This option allows for 4 inches of height adjustment for added support to the lower back.
Select hard casters for carpeted floors or soft casters for hard floors, including tile and concrete.
The Steelcase Gesture chair can be ordered with a hard plastic shell back or a partially upholstered ''wrapped'' back style, if you prefer.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic professional. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices when setting up your workstation. The video will cover valuable ergonomic lessons such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote ergonomic postures
- Learning techniques to reduce stress and fatigue
- This Steelcase chair qualifies for a 30-day, no risk guarantee. If you are dissatisfied in any way with this product, neither we nor Steelcase will charge any restocking or shipping fees if a Return Merchandise Authorization is requested within 30 days of receipt.
- Simply contact us with your order number to arrange a refund or exchange.
- If your request is approved, Steelcase will send you a FedEx return label. You will be responsible for packaging the chair and arranging for FedEx pickup.
- An RMA number is required for all returns. Please do not return any items without first receiving your RMA number.
- Items received outside the period defined in your RMA or returned in unsatisfactory condition or both may be subject to fees and surcharges, which will be deducted from your refund.