- Made with genuine, eco-friendly Rubberwood
- Also known as plantation hardwood, parawood, Hevea, or Malaysian Oak
- Handcrafted by our expert woodworkers
Eco-friendly and beautiful, our rubberwood desktops are constructed out of 30-year-old Pará rubber trees after they reach the end of their latex-producing life cycle.
We love these desktops due to their tough-as-nails constitution that has been hardened over time to offer you a genuine rubberwood desktop that won't warp or bend. Other notable features include its lustrous light blond appearance and subtle characteristics in the wood grains, making this a desktop you and your jealous coworkers might just have to share.
Pair with a height adjustable desk frame to get standing.
|Desktop weight||48x30 - 26.9 lb
60x30 - 33.5 lb
72x30 - 40.3 lb
80x30 - 44.8 lb
|Width||48" - 80"|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is "rubberwood"?
Rubberwood is a light blond colored, medium-density tropical hardwood sourced from the Hevea brasiliensis (scientific name) or Pará rubber tree (common name), usually from trees grown and harvested on rubber plantations. Also known as plantation hardwood, parawood, Hevea, or Malaysian Oak, this lumber is more sustainable for the earth due to its production cycle and the fact that it is utilized for a variety of uses throughout its lengthy lifetime.
- How is this eco-friendly?
Rubberwood is environmentally friendly because it's felled at the end of it's lifespan producing latex "sap", and repurposed into furniture like desktops, tables, and chairs, giving it a second life that you get to enjoy!
- I like your solid and reclaimed wood desktops - are these the same type of wood?
Although these desktops made out of genuine rubberwood, which is classified as a hardwood, might look similar to our solid wood desktops, this lumber has a slightly different appearance than our collection of solid wood tops and is denser than our reclaimed wood tops. If you need a desktop that blends strength and beauty, rubberwood is a great choice.
- How strong is this wood?
Rubberwood is rated at 600 - 650 kg/m3 density at (12% m.c). What that means in layman's terms is this: if you need a sturdy desktop that won't warp or break, rubberwood will work for you.
Top it Off
The Rubberwood desktop is crafted from lumber found in 30-year-old Pará rubber trees. Don't let the name fool you, Rubberwood is an extremely durable lumber that won't bend or warp. The Rubberwood desktop is available in light brown, which features a muted wood grain that will complement any decor.
Rubberwood desktops are 30" deep and available in the following widths: 48", 60", 72" and 80" wide. Each desktop is 7/8" thick, and the dense quality of Rubberwood makes for a durable desktop that won't warp.
We pre-drill grommet holes into our desktops to give you through-desk cable routing that can't be beaten. The grommet holes are located fifteen inches to the left and right from the center of the desktop. This placement allows you to utilize any of our wire management kits to completely conquer your cables.
If you are not as worried about wrangling all those wires, you may choose to order your desktop without grommet holes.
Wire or Power Grommets
We give you the option to add wire or power grommets to your desktop. Wire grommets let you route your cords and cables through a swiveling slot that opens and closes on your desk, or upgrade to UPLIFT Power Grommets to add a duo of power outlets to each grommet hole, giving you freedom to power and charge devices straight from your desktop.
Grommets are located fifteen inches from the center of the desk, to the left and right. In our ergonomic experience, we've found that this is ideal for the best combination of cable management and accessory use.
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization number within 30 days of receipt.
- You'll be responsible for shipping the products to the return address provided with the RMA number. For full desks, this will require coordinating with a freight company.
- All items must be returned in their original factory packaging and in "like new" condition. If items are damaged or show signs of wear and tear, they may be subject to fees.
- All returned items must be disassembled and repackaged as they were originally received. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- An RMA number is required for all returns. Please do not return any items without first receiving your RMA number.
- We strongly suggest using a trackable and insurable shipping method when making your return. We are not responsible for returns lost or damaged in transit.