- Increase collaboration and organization by benching together our V1 2-leg desks. Designed to work with our 30"-deep rectangular desktops up to 72" wide
- Our modular system keeps desks aligned and evenly spaced. Increase privacy and reduce noise by adding acoustic privacy panels—or include our Power and Data Rail (coming soon) to provide outlets and ports to benched desks
- Expand and re-configure your collaborative workspace easily as headcount changes
- Standardize desk spacing to reduce waste and maintain aisle widths. Maximize square footage by grouping desks together, leaving room for consistent walkways and lowering expenses
- Prevents hand/finger pinching by setting a 4" space on the sides and behind each desk. Also allows for cables and accessories behind the desk
- Benches our UPLIFT V1 height adjustable desks and our UPLIFT V1 2-leg fixed-height desks
- Add a benching kit anytime. Bench your UPLIFT Desks during initial assembly or convert to benching long after your desks have been deployed
Bring Everyone Together
If you're looking to improve collaboration in your office, one way to do it is to push some tables together—but that's only temporary. The key to establishing a teamwork paradigm is a well-organized, well-defined, shared space. Our patent-pending Desk Benching System V1 provides just that...and more.
Anyone using UPLIFT V1 30"-deep rectangular 2-leg desks less than 80"-wide can bench them with this hardware (your desk is V1 if you got it before Feb. 2019). Teams large and small can benefit from benching: it helps set the tone for effective collaboration by connecting desks and keeping them in perfect alignment.
Because of its modularity, this system can incorporate other important workspace accessories. Our acoustic privacy panels let employees preserve some of their own space and focus, blocking out chit-chat and distracting movement. And the Power and Data Rail (coming soon) delivers electricity and a network connection to each of your benched workstations.
Add Strategy to Your Structure
You're a growing, changing business, which means your office changes, too. As people join your organization—and as teams form and evolve—you'll need to adjust your collaborative workspace. No problem.
Our patent-pending benching system can accommodate more or fewer desks, and can be reconfigured pretty easily. To add desks to your benched group, just purchase an additional kit. To change the arrangement of desks, remove the benching hardware, shift the desks around, and re-bench them. It's a smart, cost-effective solution for continuous, flexible office growth.
When you organize and plan your workstation layout using good office-design principles (straight lines, 90-degree angles), you maximize your use of space—cutting down on wasted corners (and dollars). You also ensure that people can move throughout the area with ease, whether they need to talk with a coworker, use the restroom, or take a lunch break.
Designed for Safety and Functionality
The discreet benching system connects desks at their feet, remaining conveniently out of the way while keeping desks aligned and providing a firm connection. It maintains a 4" perimeter of space around each desktop, leaving room to attach privacy panels and run cables, and allowing clearance for monitor arm movement beyond the desk edge. That space also keeps clothing from being caught and fingers from being crushed.
Preserve your employees' ability to work while sitting or standing. While this kit allows you to affordably bench our 2-leg fixed-height desks, it also works with our height adjustable desks. When you combine the productivity and health benefits of standing with the flexibility and connectivity of a benching system, you multiply your options for accomplishing your company's most audacious goals.
A Longstanding Solution
It's not too late to consider benching your UPLIFT Desks. Although it's easily configured during initial assembly, our benching system is also designed for retrofitting assembled desks—unlike many of our competitors' systems. And our benching kit can be expanded, so that you can add to your desk system as you grow.
There's no need to buy special benching desks, either: you can connect multiples of any of our V1 C-frame desks with 30"-deep rectangular desktops from 48" to 72" wide.
We provide you and your team a low-cost, easy-to-install solution for streamlining both the look and feel of your workstation layout, so that you can make the most out of your office floor plan. And we offer that solution in four different finishes—the same ones available on our desk frames, in fact. You get to create an organized space that works together visually, physically, and financially.
|Materials||Steel main, support, and end bracket construction|
|Foot styles||Compatible with both leveling glides and casters|
|Finish||Powder coat paint finish to match your desk frame|
|Material||Pressed polyester fiberboard (50% recycled post-consumer material)|
|Warranty||7 year all-inclusive warranty|
|Shipping dimensions||32.3" x 10.4" x 6.1", 10.5 lb|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does benching work?
The kit comes with several brackets that bench four desk frames together at their feet. To add more desks, simply add another kit to either end of the bench. Note: this allows you to add two desks; the number of desks you can connect is limited only by your available space.
Benching effectively creates one giant workspace, while preserving many of the benefits of individual desks: flexibility, adaptability, cost-effectiveness, privacy, and defined space.
- Which desks does this kit work with?
This kit only works with UPLIFT V1 Desks (that is, desks that were shipped prior to February 2019) of this type:
- 30" deep
- Up to 72" wide
- Desks with C-frame (does not work with T-frames)
If your desks meet the requirements above, whether they use casters or glides, they're compatible.
- Is benching permanent?
Absolutely not—if you need to undo part of your benched configuration, simply remove the hardware and repurpose the desks. Keep in mind that this benching system works with an even number of desks (no fewer than four).
- How many desks can I connect together?
Our kits start with a minimum of four desks and go all the way up to 16 (as standard offerings). If you need to bench more than 16 desks, please give our sales team a call at (800) 349-3839. Take note that our kits are sized in multiples of two (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16).
- What configurations can I bench desks in?
Desks are benched in a 2 x 2 pattern, with two pairs of desks connected to each other back-to-back. From there, use the main bracket to create as many rows as you need, of any length.
- Are any accessories included with the benching system?
All accessories are sold separately. That gives you the flexibility to choose how you want to put your benched workspace together. We absolutely recommend our Acoustic Privacy Panels for Desks and the Power and Data Rail (coming soon).
Our benching system is available in the same four finishes as our UPLIFT Desk frames: gray, black, white, and metallic (industrial style). Choose the color that matches your desk frames to ensure the benching hardware blends in.
Number of Desks
The Desk Benching System V1 by UPLIFT Desk is a flexible, modular solution for creating a collaborative workspace out of individual desks. Choose the kit that matches your team size (from 4 to 16)—and remember that you can always add desks later. If you need to bench more than 16 desks, give our sales team a call at 800-349-3839.
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.