- Desktops are made from real wood, available in 11 wood species, and are coated in a wax and water-based urethane protective finish
- Three-stage frame provides an expanded 25.75" height adjustment range and is 33% faster than a two-stage frame
- Width-adjustable telescoping crossbar delivers unparalleled desk dependability and compatibility with different desktops
- Dual motors, one in each leg, make the frame safer, stronger, quieter, and more reliable
- Local and globally sourced parts are assembled and shipped from our warehouse in Austin, Texas; designed in the U.S.A.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable section requirements in accordance with ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2008 Desk Product Test Standards
- Contact us for custom sizes or additional customization options
Solid Wood Standing Desk
We've already caught your eye with our one-of-a-kind solid wood desktops. With 11 different kinds of wood to choose from and customizable sizing to a quarter of an inch, this standing desk is whatever you want it to be.
Pair your solid wood desktop with our industry-leading height-adjustable desk frame, and you've created a sit-stand setup that reflects your sense of style and can help you work better and live healthier.
UPLIFT Desk is a proud supporter of the National Forest Foundation, and for every solid wood desktop we sell, we plant five trees in U.S. National Forests.
Support from the Ground Up
The UPLIFT Desk three-stage, height-adjustable frame allows our desks to adjust 33% faster thanks to using three spindles in each leg instead of just two. Our frame includes dual motors, one in each leg, so our desks are quieter, stronger, safer, and more reliable. Choose from four colors, all powder-coated and treated with a non-toxic finish so you can breathe easy.
Our desk's feet are made of cast aluminum, which is lightweight yet strong for ample support. It's also recyclable, a perfect complement to your natural, solid wood desktop. Even on uneven floors, the UPLIFT Desk feet will provide stability thanks to included leveling glides. Optional casters can add mobility.
Power to the Grommet
Keep your devices charged up and close by with optional power grommets that integrate seamlessly into your standing desk. Desktop power grommets also prevent wires from your desk lamp or phone or laptop chargers from pulling or unplugging as your desk raises and lowers.
The Advanced Keypad
The UPLIFT Desk advanced keypad displays the current height of your desk in inches and can store up to four height preferences, so you can share your workspace with co-workers without losing your perfect height. If you don't share your desk, this keypad allows you to change to your standing, sitting, perching, and treadmill heights with the push of a button.
|Height range (not including desktop thickness)||24.5" - 50.25" H|
|Desktop thickness||Solid wood - 1.75" thick
Bamboo - 1.5" thick
|Travel speed||1.5" per second (varies - slowest with maximum load) with soft start/stop actuator motors|
|Noise level||50 decibels during motion|
|Base width||Adjustable from 42.25" - 70" wide|
|Suggested desktop width range||36" - 80" wide|
|Weight capacity||355 lb|
|Keypad||Advanced one-touch digital memory keypad is available, push and hold up/down keypad is standard|
|Adjustable foot leveling studs||3/8" adjustment for uneven flooring|
|Voltage||Input: 110 V, Output: 31 V|
|Transformer power||200 W (0.2 W on standby)|
|Power supply current||5 amps|
|BIFMA/ANSI X5.5-2008 certification||Compliant with sections 4.3, 4.5, 5.2, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and 15.0|
|Warranty||7 year all-inclusive warranty on entire desk base: motor frame, controller, keypad, electronics and mechanisms included. Extension to 12 years available.|
If the air in your area is especially dry, your wood desktop could be at increased risk of cracking and splitting. Wood naturally expands and contracts depending on the amount of moisture in the environment, and without enough humidity, the moisture in your desk can evaporate, leaving it vulnerable to warping.
It's a completely natural process, but it's unfortunately something that could affect your new wood desktop. If your desktop does crack or split, we're happy to send you a repair kit to fill the affected areas. If potentially repairing your wood desktop isn't something you're comfortable with, we recommend that you take a look at our Bamboo, Eco, or Laminate desktops instead.
If your desktop has already warped, please click here for instructions on using our solid wood desktop repair kit.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.
Weight and Proper Use:
- Weight capacity for UPLIFT frames assumes that weight is evenly distributed across the desktop.
- Improper weight distribution may damage the actuators, create a tipping hazard and void the warranty.
- Install the crossbar center rails to enhance stability and prevent bowing.
- Do not drag the desk, this may rack the legs.
- Not a toy: do not let children play on or around the desk.
- Please observe all instructions and notices in the provided user guide.
- Cedar: 4.4 lb/sq ft
- Mesquite: 8 lb/sq ft
- Alder: 4 lb/sq ft
- Ash: 7 lb/sq ft
- Cherry: 5.3 lb/sq ft
- Natural Maple: 8.1 lb/sq ft
- Walnut: 5.6 lb/sq ft
- Premium Bamboo: 6.1 lb/sq ft
- Pecan: 9.3 lb/sq ft
- White Oak: 7 lb/sq ft
- Sipo Mahogany: 6 lb/sq ft
Click below to learn more about the available options and accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between the 1.5" thick Solid Wood Bamboo and your other 1" thick bamboo?
Besides just giving you an extra 0.5" of thickness, the standard bamboo top is a UV-cured bamboo that we stock in our warehouse. It comes with or without a center cut-out and will ship out in 1-2 business days. The Premium Bamboo is made from fully matured Moso bamboo. This denser bamboo features a beautiful vertical grain. Each desktop is custom-made when you order and will ship out in 12-14 weeks.
- What is carbonized bamboo?
Carbonized bamboo is bamboo that has been treated to give your desktop a beautiful brown-honey-caramel finish that really makes a statement in the office.
- Can I order a custom size?
Absolutely! Each Solid Wood Desktop is made after you place your order, which means it can be made to your exact liking! Changing the sizes won't increase the lead time, either. Contact our customer service team for a quote.
- Why is the lead time so long? Can I get my desk any faster?
Think of your custom solid wood desk like a fine bottle of wine that takes time to make. Each desktop is custom-made by our woodworkers after you place your order. A solid wood desktop can't be constructed in just a day; it takes time to cure and finish the desktop. I know it is hard to be patient, but this desktop is worth the wait!
- I really don't want to wait but I also don't want to compromise on getting a solid wood desk, are there any other options?
We do carry quick ship solid wood desks. These desktops have been crafted by our woodworkers, and are ready and waiting in the warehouse. That means we can get them to you quickly! You will just have to choose from the limited sizes and species we have available.
- Can I get this with the ergo edge?
An ergo edge is unavailable with the solid wood desktops.
- How durable is solid wood?
At 1.75" thick, these desktops are beasts. Solid wood is a very durable surface and will harden with time. However, the surface may scratch or get dull if you don't maintain it. If you live in a very dry climate, you will need to keep your desk hydrated with lemon oil. Otherwise the wood may dry out and crack.
- How should I care for my desktop?
We have combined all of the care items needed to maintain your solid wood desktop in one easy kit. You will want to clean the surface of your desktop with lemon oil. The oil also helps keep the wood properly hydrated. Use the oil with furniture cloths to help polish the surface. If scratches do occur, you can gently buff them out with the steel wool pad.
- Is there any extra fee to get the desks faster?
Unfortunately, no. Each desk is handcrafted and the entire process takes a while. Check out the "quick ship" solid wood desks, which are from canceled orders, to see if anything suites your needs.
- I just received my desk and the color of the wood looks a little off, are you sure it is the wood that I ordered?
Although we are not immune to errors, your freshly harvested desktop may look a little different than a mature desktop. Different species will be either a little lighter or darker than their aged counterparts. Over time the color will eventually even out.
- Can I expect to get my desk in the lead time specified?
Right now, solid wood desks take 12-14 weeks to be fashioned before they are shipped out. With about one week in transit time you can expect to receive your order in three and a half months.
- What is a "barkline?"
Cedar and mesquite desktops are available with a barkline, or "live edge." This natural edge follows the curve of the wood and provides a unique, rustic look.
- How can I feel good about chopping down an innocent tree for my custom desktop?
We have partnered with the National Forest Foundation to plant five trees in U.S. National Forests when you buy a solid wood desktop. You can rest a little easier at night knowing that the new trees will help beautify our national parks.
- Will the surface be smooth?
Natural wood is, well, natural and may contain some bug holes, knots, and imperfections. Our woodworker smooths these out by adding either black or clear filler to smooth out the surface of the desk.
- Does the weight capacity include the weight of the desktop?
The load bearing capacity of the frame does not include the desktop. Since each desktop is a different size, we have included the desktop weight in pounds per square foot for each species so that you will be able to calculate the weight capacity for your custom desktop. Say you get a 72" x 24" desktop in Pecan, your desktop will weigh 111.6 lbs. That still leaves you with 243.4 lbs of additional accessories that you can evenly disperse across your desk!
- Will this desk work well with a treadmill?
If you want to put a treadmill under your solid wood desk, just make sure you order a large enough desk to comfortable fit a treadmill on one side and a chair on the other. You will also want to order a monitor arm so that you can easily swing your monitor back and forth between your treadmill and your chair.
- Do I have the version 4 control box on my desk?
You can check to tell which version of control box you have on your desk by glancing at the silver label on it. If that says v4.1, v4.2, or v4.3, you have the newest version of control box.
- What features are on the new version 4 control boxes and what do they do?
Our new version 4 control boxes come with a handy new safety feature: Collision Sensitivity. This feature lets users set the sensitivity for their desks, so when adjusting the desk stops when it reaches an object. Instead of raising and lowering, it stops in place, reducing accidents in your work area. Keypad Lockout is another exciting new safety feature. Easily keep unwanted hands from accessing the desk when this feature is activated. Users will now be able to toggle between One-Touch and Constant-Touch modes with just a few buttons, in addition to being able to switch between inches and centimeters on the advanced keypad.
- What is the deal with three-stage frames?
UPLIFT Desk frames are three-stage vs the cheaper two-stage desks you can find today. This means our desks are 33% faster because our legs have 3 spindles instead of 2. This gives users a larger range of adjustability, so desks fit shorter users and kids, all the way up to tall users or people who plan on adding a treadmill to their workstations later.
- What are these "dual motors" I keep reading about?
Our desks feature a dual-motor design, which means each leg gets its own motor, making our frames quieter, stronger, more reliable, and safer than desks with a single motor. In a few words: we have the most technologically advanced height adjustable desk you can buy today.
- Does the weight of the solid wood desktop affect how smoothly the desk operates?
The motors in our UPLIFT frame can easily handle the weight of our solid wood desktop. The smooth motion of the frame will not be compromised. Be sure to add the advanced keypad so that you can get the benefit of one-touch height adjustment with four saved heights.
- Will I be able to assemble my desk by myself?
You will be able to assemble the frame of your desk by yourself, as well as attach it to the desktop. However, based on the size of your desktop, you will probably need help safely laying the desktop on the floor. It is definitely a two person job to set your desk right-side up after you assemble your desk.
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time.
- You are responsible for shipping costs, and potential restocking fees if the item has been opened and is damaged or shows signs of wear and tear.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "like new" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.