- Dual Pivot: Counterbalance system uses your bodyweight to perfectly recline and position chair
- Reduced Pressure: Coccyx cutout on contoured cushion increases contact area to reduce pressure points in lumbar and thoracic spine
- Increased Circulation: Waterfall seat edge reduces pressure on legs to avoid cutting off circulation
- Intuitive Armrests: Arms move up and down together as you recline
- Dynamic Support: Articulating headrest moves forward as you recline to offer continuous support
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Titanium, graphite or polished aluminum frame finishes available
- Home Grown: Made in the USA
Freedom from Knobs
The Humanscale Freedom Chair is for customers who want an executive chair with intuitive features. It was designed to move with your body and forgoes adjustment knobs or levers, leaving you free to focus on other tasks at hand.
For a limited time, get $100 off select UPLIFT Desk configurations at checkout with the purchase of this Humanscale chair.
Looking for the version of this chair without the headrest? Click here.
|Chair height||43" - 53" H|
|Seat height||Standard - 16" - 21" H
Tall - 17" - 22.25" H
Return to height - 17.7" - 19.9" H
|Back height||18" - 21" H|
|Seat width||20" W|
|Headrest adjustment range||5"|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any way to cut down on the lead time?
Contact us if you are interested in a basic black Freedom Chair that will ship out the same business day.
- Does this chair come fully assembled?
No, your Freedom Chair will come in two pieces. Assembly is as easy as placing the upper chair piece on the base and pushing down.
- Can I remove the headrest from the chair later on?
No, the Freedom Chair's headrest is not removable. However, you may order the Freedom Chair without a headrest.
- Can I order the leather chair without box stitching?
No, box stitching is required to hold the leather in place. However, you may choose a color of box stitching that blends in with the leather so that it is not noticeable.
- Have I seen this chair on TV?
Most likely! This chair is beautiful to look at and has been featured on the television show 24.
- Do the arms swivel in and out?
No, the new arms on the Humanscale Freedom Chair slide inward instead of swiveling.
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergo-friendly typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 - 17.5 pounds, and adjust the height, depth, or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 Gift Certificate towards an UPLIFT Desk
A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to take the plunge to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; this offer excludes scratch and dent models.
Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.
The Freedom arms are available in two different styles: standard and advanced. The standard arms quickly move up and down; the advanced arms are width as well as height adjustable.
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift-and-release action allows for immediate repositioning without the need for buttons or locks
- The armrests provide a 6" range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks, and they can be positioned below thigh-level for close table or desk work
- The armrests are attached to the backrest, not the seat like most chairs, so they stay in the same relation to your body when you recline
Please Note: Many users prefer the added adjustability of the advanced armrests.
- Offer all the same features of the standard armrests
- Arms slide left and right for width adjustment
Once you pick the type of arms to best suit your needs, choose your arm padding, Duron or Technogel. Add a surface material to complement your Freedom color options.
- Duron arms have a foam core and a durable, synthetic leather cover
- Technogel arms contain a softer and extremely comfortable gel layer below the synthetic leather cover
- Either padding choice can be upholstered in fabric or leather to match your chair
Humanscale offers a standard padded foam or gel seat cushion on the Freedom chair. Both seats are very comfortable, but the gel seat upgrade offers better long-term support and relief of pressure points for users that sit in their chair 8 to 10 hours a day.
Standard foam seat is contoured to fit your body and reduce pressure points, providing both a comfortable and supportive cushion. Technogel is a non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel layer on top of a foam core that provides maximum pressure distribution and offers unmatched, long-term comfort. Technogel has a firmer "sit" than the standard foam that softens up somewhat after a few minutes and will offer better back support if you are seated for long periods of time. Users who are up and down more may prefer the foam.
Raise or lower the height of the Freedom's seat by selecting a cylinder size. When sitting in a chair, a person's feet should rest comfortably on the floor or a foot rest. Ninety-five percent of our customers select the standard height for their chair; however, a petite user with a lower desk or a tall user with a higher desk can opt for a custom configuration without worrying about bumping their knees on a work surface.
The return to height cylinder returns to the highest position once the user gets up from the chair.
|Standard cylinder||16" - 21" H|
|Tall cylinder||17" - 22.25" H|
|Return to height cylinder||17.7" - 19.9" H|
The Freedom chair offers four caster choices. Most of our customers select the standard casters for carpet floors or soft casters for hard floors. Glides are perfect for a stationary chair, and the locking casters let the chair move around when no one is sitting down.
|Standard Hard Casters||2 1/2'' double-wheeled for carpeted floors|
|Soft Casters||2 1/2'' soft double-wheeled for hard floors|
|Glides||Non-rolling glides for fixed location use|
|Locking Casters||Lock into position when you sit on the chair|
The Freedom Chair is available in three finishes: graphite and titanium frames are standard colors, and the polished aluminum frame is an upgrade available with either titanium or graphite shells on the cushions and arms.
The Freedom Chair comes standard with a highly durable composite base with graphite or titanium finish, or upgrade to a powder-coated or polished aluminum base finish.
Wave - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile with a three-dimensional wave pattern offers a range of brilliant colors taken from nature. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery.
Vellum - Grade 1
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
Lotus - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile is water repellant and easy to clean, making it an ideal textile for healthcare and hospitality environments. Its polyurethane finish with nylon backing boasts a soft texture while offering exceptional durability. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery and healthcare tests.
Sensuede - Grade 3
Sensuede was developed to be the best and most luxurious engineered suede available. The faux suede's soft touch comes from the use of breathable and wrinkle resistant recycled microfibers that are finer than a human hair but are extra-strong, resulting in a very resilient fabric. This material also was selected because of its environmentally sensitive content and manufacturing process.
Bizon Leather - Grade 1
Bizon is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Cervo Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leaather in its class.
Choose Box Stitching
Choose from a variety of different color box stitchings for your chair. This option is only available for leather upholstery.
This product comes standard with a 15 year warranty. For more information on UPLIFT warranty coverage, click here.
- You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization number within 30 days of receipt.
- You'll be responsible for shipping the products to the return address provided with the RMA number. For full desks, this will require coordinating with a freight company.
- All items must be returned in their original factory packaging and in "like new" condition. If items are damaged or show signs of wear and tear, they may be subject to fees.
- All returned items must be disassembled and repackaged as they were originally received. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- An RMA number is required for all returns. Please do not return any items without first receiving your RMA number.
- We strongly suggest using a trackable and insurable shipping method when making your return. We are not responsible for returns lost or damaged in transit.