- Desktop is made of 100% recycled MDF that's UV-cured and powder-coated
- Roomy worksurface boasts a flawless and smooth finish that resists stains
- Easy to mount on UPLIFT adjustable height standing desk bases
- Can also be mounted to a fixed-height desk base
The Eco Desktop
Take a stand against uncomfortable desks everywhere with the Eco desktop. This spacious top features smooth corners and softly beveled edges, and comes with a center cutout and ergo edge on the inside, allowing you to work within your Neutral Reach Zone.
Completely free of solvents, environmentally sustainable, and nontoxic, these powder-coated MDF desktops are constructed from 100% pre-consumer recycled wood, saving a few trees while also improving the air quality of your work area.
|Overall dimensions||48" W x 30" D, 60" W x 30" D, 72" W x 30" D, 80" W x 30" D|
|Weight||45 lb - 55 lb|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which desktop will hold up better, the Eco or laminate?
Both desktops were designed to be durable and to hold up well to daily use. The Eco desktop is constructed of 100% recycled wood MDF, which is stronger and denser than particle board. The powder-coated Eco is more scratch resistant, while the laminate is more resistant to water or spills.
- How do I clean the Eco desktop?
Although the powder-coated Eco desktop is very durable, you will want to clean it from time to time in order to keep it looking nice and new for years to come. It's a good idea to write on a clipboard or a pad of paper when writing down notes to protect your desktop from pencil scratches. And be sure to avoid any harsh chemicals, such as ammonia, and use warm water with mild soap when cleaning.
- How does the composition of the Eco desktop differ from the laminate desktop?
The Eco top has a recycled wood core and is UV-cured and powder-coated for a seamless finish. It's similar in appearance to our laminate desks, but is thinner and does not have a border running around the edge. The Eco top finish has more of a matte finish than the shinier, laminate top. Laminate is composed of layers of phenolic-treated Kraft paper topped with a decorative layer and a melamine finish. All layers are then fused together under high pressure to form a durable surface. Our laminate desktops are thicker than the laminate tops offered by our competitors.
- Is the Eco desktop available in any other thicknesses?
Our Eco desktop is only available in 0.75" thickness.
- Do you offer any other color choices for the Eco desktop?
At this time, the Eco desktop is only available in black or white. The laminate desktop comes in cherry and maple finishes.
Our Eco desktops are UV-cured, powder-coated, and are made from 100% recycled wood composite. Get yours in black or white, and either a standard rectangular shape, a rectangular desktop with center cutout, or an l-shaped corner desktop.
UPLIFT Eco Rectangular Desktops
Our UPLIFT Eco Rectangular Desktops are available in your choice of two depths: 24" or 30" deep. Choose from the following widths: 36", 42", 48". 60", 72", or 80" wide.
UPLIFT Eco Curve Desktops
Our UPLIFT Eco Curve Desktops are 30" deep. Choose from the following widths: 48". 60", 72", or 80" wide.
Hole in One
We give you the option to add wire or power grommets to your desktop. Two wire grommets come standard on all UPLIFT Desktops. Wire Grommets let you route your cords and cables through a swiveling slot that opens and closes on your desk. Or upgrade to a Power Grommet, which adds a duo of power outlets to each grommet hole, giving you freedom to power and charge devices straight from your desktop.
Grommets are located fifteen inches from the center of the desk, to the left and right. In our ergonomic experience, we have found that this is an ideal spot for the best combination of cable management and accessory use.
Desktops are not covered under our 7 year warranty. We will repair or replace any desktop that is rendered unusable as a result of a manufacturer's defect or damage in shipping if notified within 30 days of receipt.
For information on UPLIFT Desk warranty coverage, click here.
- All single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of our custom laminate and solid wood desktops, are eligible for our 30-day trial. If you're not satisfied for any reason, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return window closes 30 days after receipt of item. You must request the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within this time. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in their original factory packaging and in "Like New" condition. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees.
- To view the full return policy, click here.